Friday, June 15, 2012

Chlorinated Wonderlands

Today is a beach day.  Which inspired a Disney water park/pool post (not to be confused with the motherlode Part II post- ha!) in the early morning hours before coffee making time while my boys saw logs down the hall.

The Florida sun is a beautiful thing, and we were more than happy to enjoy her in a plethora of chlorinated wonderlands.  Newbie is a little fish and just loved all the time we spent at the pool...and surprised us with his love for a good water slide.  Our first day at Typhoon Lagoon, he mastered the simple slide.  Two days later he got for real on a tube slide.  I'm not kidding.  A two year old sitting on a tube, holding onto the handles, and cruising down a real life water slide.  I almost fell over laughing and racing to the bottom to take pictures- no need to worry though, he went back about a dozen times, so I got plenty of footage.  He is such a riot.

I wish I had taken more pictures, but alas, the water keeps you busy and the camera didn't come out often.  Here's what I've got:

Our resort had a fun sand castle themed pool that we visited a few times.


Typhoon Lagoon had an adorable kiddie play area.  Newbie was most interested in the water slide and the hose. We got a kick out of his obsession with the hose when he had an entire water park to explore. 


(That tongue was out 95% of the time at any pool...he's a big fan of drinking nasty water.)


Our day at Blizzard Beach was interesting...we went there on a whim despite thunderstorms and in between park closings.  We hit a good window, got into the park, and then had to sit for 45 minutes while they waited for the storms to pass through.  However, when they reopened the pools at 4 in the afternoon, we had the place to ourselves.  NO lines.  No waits.  No crazy people running around knocking down your toddler.  It was awesome.  There were seriously probably 20 people in the entire park.  It was crazy.  The Hubs got to ride all kinds of slides with no wait, and I tried a toboggan slide where you lie on a mat and go head first down a few hills.  I prefer my toboggans in snow, but it was fun to try a big girl ride after a week of toddler adventures. =)
(This was our view of the monsoon...well worth the wait!)

We are all about the moonlight swim and managed to squeeze a couple in before bedtime at the resort. Newbie was completely savvy to the fact that he was getting out of bedtime and getting to swim instead- he was a major fan!

I'm off to the grocery store to snag some beach food and recreate a little Disney magic in our own neck of the woods....sun and sand, here we come!

Happy weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment