We'll take it from the top: Last night the Hubs, Newbie, and I went over to Baby B's house to have dinner and play. Baby B is the most gentle natured little boy- we adore spending time with him! He was giving Newbie hugs and sharing his toys so well...I'm hoping Newbie picked up a few good manners from his buddy!
Baby B's mama is the most incredible hostess, and she had a whole spread of chili and baked potatoes and corn bread. It was the last chili of the season, and I brought some strawberry shortcake for dessert so Old Man Winter would know that it was time to pack his bags and HIT THE ROAD. Spring is here in my heart, and it would be delightful if the weather would begin to agree with me!
The boys had a blast playing together, and we laughed because the mama's schemed and managed to get both boys into BabyLegs despite the grumbles coming from the male camp. I love a good pair of shorts and some BabyLegs....just look at those pudgey little feet!
After Newbie explored for a while, Baby B's kitty cat came out to play, and Newbie was a goner...he took one look at that kitty cat and TOOK OFF ACROSS THE ROOM...ON TWO FEET! I was in SHOCK, but managed to alert the Hubs and be a mess of screams and screeches and tears. My sweet friend caught all the action on video- I can't figure out how to flip it the right direction, so you'll have to flip your computer sideways. =) LOOK AT HIM GO!!!!
(Scroll down to the bottom of the page to mute the music if you can't hear me scream loud enough....and at the end it looks like he konked his head on the coffee table, but don't worry- that's just an illusion- he didn't bonk anything =])
Newbie's first steps took him four good strides across their living room before he hit the deck and crawled the rest of the way to that kitty. I was sitting behind him when he took off, and I could not believe that was my little baby walking away from me! I was so happy the Hubs was around to catch his boy's first steps too. It was a moment that we will never forget...our little boy feels so big now! If you listen to the video, you can hear me scream and then he follows suit and falls down...screaming is his new sound, and its so fitting that he did a walking/screaming combo. Ha! =)
We were so excited to see Newbie take off on two legs...and we still are- we've been practicing all day! He hasn't taken more than four steps since last night, but I have a feeling he'll be zipping through the house any day now!
Happy Friday, friends!





I just love watching that video and seeing him walk! Haha! Loved having you guys over! We so enjoyed ourselves and so glad you got a full nights sleep that night! YAY!
ReplyDelete