Monday, March 7, 2011

It's like Luby's over here....or Old Country Buffet for all you northerners

I've taken a bazillion pictures lately that I haven't posted, and I had big ambitions of writing separate posts for all of them, but there just isn't enough time in the day, and fun stuff keeps happening, and I just can't keep up. (Did that sentence have enough commas for you?)

So hold onto your hats because what you're about to experience is an all-you-can-eat buffet full of pictures so I can get it all out of my system and start fresh this week.  I'm not going to come up for air until all the pictures that have been hollering at me for the past two weeks are posted.

So sit back, relax, and grab your sporks, folks. (I love sporks.  Anytime I think of a spork, I flash back to my elementary school cafeteria and there I am, positioned in front of a styrofoam lunch tray and prodding at those marigold yellow peaches swimming in a pool of syrup with the stunted prongs of my spork.  Sporks were so cool. Then I start thinking of the steak fingers and gravy that sat next to those peaches on hot-lunch Fridays, and I start drooling....mmm....)

Last week I gave Newbie an apple.  And since he didn't have any teeth, he slobbered on that thing like CrAzY.  


We have spent 89% of the winter in the play room.  Spring cannot come soon enough!



 Watching the bubbles with Daddy:

 

...Because binkies taste better this way:


This is what Newbie looked like when we got home from our weekend extravaganza last night.  Having a boy is so much fun because you get to dress him in rocket ship footie pj's that glow in the dark. =)



We've been working on a new trick. It goes like this: "[Newbie], how big are you?!?"


Then he reaches his hands up in the air and we yell, "SO BIG!!!!"


These two have really been hamming it up lately:


In this house, you are lucky if you have clean socks to wear, much less ones that actually match, therefore, we're counting the fact that Newbie has two matching clean socks on a win. So don't judge when you see the jack-o-lanterns in the middle of March. =)


Classic Opie shot.  Classic.


Now that I've got all of those out of my to-post file, I'm off to do some Bambi detox.  Newbie's great grandmother, Mutte, sent him Bambi on DVD, so we watched it together this afternoon, and his mama was a whole mess of tears.  Seriously.  Four o'clock in the afternoon and I was an ugly cry mess. You did it to me again, Mr. Walt Disney.  You did it to me again.  You know what line gets me the most?  "Faster Bambi!  To the thicket! Run!  Don't look back, Bambi!  Faster!"  And then she's not behind him when he gets there. There's just no hiding from the sobs.  So I'm off to find something super happy to watch on TV before bed tonight.

Sweet dreams!

***Start 'em Off Take 2 to come tomorrow....start working on posting about your ideas if you've got 'em! =)

1 comment:

  1. I adore every single one of these pictures! So cute! I could look through the whole post ten times in a row and still not get enough!

    ReplyDelete