Yesterday was a HUGE day for us in the "get the house up on the market" department.
My mother-in-law came over to watch Newbie while the Hubs and I hit the to-do list like a cyclone on steroids. We raked the yard, cleared out the flower beds, and cleaned out the porch. Then Newbie went down for a nap and my MIL helped us clean out the basement. There were empty boxes, junk, trash, and cobwebs galore (HOLEY MOLEY OH THE NASTINESS), but we managed to get it all cleared out, and with a ton of help from my father-in-law, the Hubs got it all hauled off to the dump/recycling center/brush pile. It. was. AWESOME.
If we sell this house, it will be because my parents have half of our belongings living in their basement and because my MIL and FIL know how to rock a broom and a pick-up truck like there's no tomorrow. We are SO grateful for such generous help from our parents!
In the midst of the hard work yesterday, we found time to squeeze in a trip to the park with Newbie and Opie. Because you just can't pass up on a chance to hit the park when it is sunny and 49 degrees outside! It was such fun to hear Newbie squeal and laugh at the green grass and the dirt-covered sticks and his way-too-crazy puppy dog. Cabin fever has given us a beating this month, and Newbie was THRILLED to be outside playing with his Daddy-O!
Back at the ranch...
When we got home, we went to the backyard to check out the Spring sprouts.
Houston, we have tulips.
WAHOO!!!
The Hubs and I were so inspired by the freshly raked yard and the hauled-off brush, that we've decided to plant a little garden behind our garage where the pile of "where should we throw all these leaves and sticks?" used to be. Thanks to the menfolk, all the brush is clear, and there is a good little plot of fresh soil just begging to grow a few cherry tomatoes and bell peppers.
So this morning instead of tackling Boris, I've been busy checking out this and this in hopes of figuring out what to plant when and where and how. I'm not going to tell you it sounds easy, but if I can get a few cherry tomatoes or potatoes out of the deal, I'm all in. I'm also not going to tell you I'm entirely convinced we can pull it off in our backyard, what with Chet and his rebel gang of skunks and stray cats always wandering through the premises, but I think it's worth giving it a go.
In addition to garden research, I've also been busy preparing my costume for tonight's Book Club. We're playing dress-up, and I am so excited to get together with the ladies and see what everyone's come up with. I'll be sure to post pictures after the big brew-ha-ha!
Wishing you all a happy Wednesday! =)
*PS- Regarding all the circus hoopla in the blog design: the carnival/circus vibe has totally occupied my imagination for the past few weeks, and I figure its time to start ringing in my little man's birthday in style. Maybe if I purge some of it on the blog then I can stop dreaming about elephants and cotton candy and baby birthday cakes. =)












No comments:
Post a Comment