Monday, April 18, 2011

It was a Circus Day!

They're here!

Hot of the press pictures from Newbie's first birthday bash! 

The dance I had to do to get these puppies up on the blog given that my desktop computer is sick with the gout was a serious undertaking, but alas, I am dedicated to giving the people what they want! =)

I cannot tell you how happy these pictures make me.  Saturday was such an exciting day, and it already brings me so much joy to look back on these pictures and remember celebrating Newbie's first year with some of our family and friends.  What a treasure!

I have been just itching to share these photos with y'all because it was a day we will remember forever and because I really love red and white polka dotted baby ties.  I'm just sayin'.


Here's some of our decorations...and yes, that is RED soda pop to be enjoyed on my white carpets while we are trying to sell our house.  No guts, no glory, baby.  And guess what- no spills!

We had a few carnival games for Newbie's buddies to play- complete with prizes in mason jars, but when the mama is making sure her baby doesn't eat the birthday candle, she can't very well be snapping pictures of all the little details, so you'll have to take my word for it...There was a duck pond, bowling, pony rides (on a rocking horse), a feed the lion game, and a photo booth. 
Introducing some of our family and friends who were so sweet to come out and party down with us!  We missed getting a shot of Newbie's Great Grandma- our photographer must have gotten side-tracked making balloon animals- but we love you, Grandma!!! =)

And the Birthday Boy himself- he is SO BIG!

When guests arrived, there was some time to play carnival games and hit the photo booth, then we had corndogs and chips for lunch.  After lunch it was present time, and thank goodness for my two little helpers (the sweeties I nannied for), because Newbie wasn't really into the "pick a present and unwrap it" game.  He was, however, all about checking out the toys after they had been unwrapped.  He got some seriously fun stuff- I daresay I had just as much fun playing with his toys yesterday as he did!
After presents, it was time for birthday cake.  My mom worked on that cake for a full week before the party, and weeks before that designing it, and it was the most adorable cake ever! ....All of the pieces were edible- yum!
My little man was not sure what to think of the little smash cake we set on his high chair tray.  I'm not sure if it was the fire on the candle that made him hesitant, or the bright blue icing, or the crowd of eyes watching, but he barely touched the cake.  I finally dug in for him so he could see what was under all the icing, but it wasn't until we pulled out a Plan B chocolate mustache that he really went to town.  Looks like Newbie is a chocolate lover like his mama!



When the crowds dispersed, our parents and Aunt Corndog, Uncle J, and Bugman hung out to help us clean up and assemble a slew of Little Tikes toys.  I don't know what we would have done without their help! Newbie was in hog heaven watching his grandparents unwrap and put together his new stuff.  He crashed for a nap around 3, but was up again relatively soon to catch the rest of the hockey game with his daddy.  Boys will be boys- there's just no time for sleeping if the game is on!

We had such an amazing afternoon celebrating our little man's first year.  It was so special to have family and friends take time out of their day to laugh and play with us.  And we sure missed our family that was out of town- we took lots of video to share! We are so blessed to have such a sweet little boy, and we count it pure joy to have the opportunity to jump into another year with him!

There are a few pieces of the party still hanging out in the house.  I like to let bits of the celebration linger...like leftover birthday cake and slowly sinking helium balloons.  Newbie has been pointing at the balloons for the last two days.  He likes to point to each cluster throughout the house while he sits in his highchair.  I like to think its because he's remembering the fun of his birthday party. =)

I'll be back when my computer is better with some fun pictures and a recap of his actual birthday on Thursday- we had a few fun adventures including his first haircut that are certainly worth revisiting!

I hope you have a few Circus Days this week, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment