Monday, April 4, 2011

There's nothin' like a good bubble bath. Amen.

Tonight was bath night.

I love bath night.

When I declare, "It's bath night!"  Newbie's eyes start to sparkle, and the anticipation builds as I carry his squirmy little self upstairs and we shed his layers and start the water in the tub.  The diaper is the last thing to go, slipped off as he happily squeals and reaches up on his tippy toes to see the mound of bubbles floating on a sea of warm bath water. 

 Then... ker-plunk!  In he goes.

I love it.

I love bare feet and roly poly thighs stretching to see over the rim of the tub.


I love water soaked eye lashes...


and mouths stuffed with bubbles and rubber duckies.


I love slick little backs that slide down into warm water sprinkled with more water toys than one kid knows what to do with.

I love when he gets brave and decides to stand up and check out the bottles of bubbles and shampoo along the edge of the tub.

I love popping the plug under the bubbles after his fingers and toes are pruny, and watching acceptance register in his big blue eyes as he watches the water lower and the bubbles slip down the drain.

Then comes the best part...

I love snuggling that little bundle up into a fresh fluffy hooded towel and carrying him off to his room for jammies and a bedtime bottle.

Oh, how I love love love bath night.

1 comment:

  1. Baby blues... love those eyes! And bath and body works, man after my own heart! Miss you lovie!

    ReplyDelete