Happy Birthday, Newbie!!!
We woke up to one [SO BIG!] birthday boy today, and we have big plans to celebrate with him all day long!
He's had four birthday phone calls this morning (one birthday song sung by 32 fourth graders in G-Mama's class!), a pile of presents from Texas to open, a birthday rubber ducky hanging out on his highchair, and his first taste of a blueberry birthday waffle....this big boy knows that something's up and that today is a celebration!
After a birthday breakfast, we opened a slew of presents from his Mutte and Great Grandad and from the Hubs and me. Newbie started dancing when he heard the song his new zebra sings, and he squealed when he saw the fun clothes his Mutte and GD sent (you've got great taste, Mutte! I LOVE the outfits!) His mama cried when she heard Mutte's voice reading On the Night You Were Born to her sweet boy (shout-out to the genius who invented Hallmark's recordable story books...) and Newbie has been dancing in his new Stride Rite (Step 3!) kicks all morning.
Newbie and Opie had a hayday in the birthday aftermath...
...and now they're both crashed for a snoozer before the birthday shenanigans take the form of lunch out on the town and baby's FIRST HAIRCUT!
Check out this morning hair- it is time for a trim!
I am soaking in every moment of this day with my baby boy, and my heart is so full I could bust.
I spent a good amount of time this week reminiscing and crying at the realization that babies grow up and that there's nothing we can do to stop them...that the first birthday is just practice in letting them go and entrusting them to the Lord as they grow and sprout up into big boys and girls and then into adults someday.
Last night I cried happy tears as we waved goodbye to Newbie's first year, and this morning we're bursting with excitment and joy to be plunging into another blessed year with our little man! I'll always look back and remember how sweet and fresh and pink he was those first months, but no more tears over how sweet and precious that time was because don't look now, its time to start another year of making memories!
Praising the Lord today for sweet blessings that come in small packages and grow bigger and bigger with each passing year!
Happy Birthday, Newbie!!! We love you SO much!
A HUGE thank you to all of you who were there with us on that day, celebrating in thoughts, and prayers, and blog stalking(!). We consider it such a blessing to have so many of you smiling with us as we watch our sweet boy grow up!
I dug into the archives to bring you this link, written a week after Newbie's birth day, where you can read about what we were doing on the day Newbie was born this time last year. =)
Have a happy Thursday!







Ok, I'm crying and he's not even my baby! HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TO YOU, NEWBIE! Looks like the first half of his day was jam packed with fun and I know the second half will be too! :) Can't wait to hear the rest!
ReplyDelete