I've spent a lot of time throughout the last year remembering. Her tiny hands, her soft hair, her little nose. My tears, my aches, my joy. His goodness, His faithfulness, His grace.
365 days ago I was in the hospital awaiting the arrival of my baby girl, Jubilee Ann, and tomorrow will be her first birthday- the day we said hello and the day we said goodbye. (You can read about her birthday here, here, and here.)
I made a birthday cake today for a baby girl who isn't here, and it was hard. Saying goodbye always brings a heartache, no matter if we know another hello is just around the corner.
Tonight I'm remembering hello and goodbye and the sweet, sweet blessing that was my girl's birthday one year ago. We have plans to celebrate her all day tomorrow, and I'll be back to share more, but on the eve of this special day, I'm going to rest in letting my words be few.
In honor of Jubilee's birthday, I'd like to share a little piece of her story with you.
(*Song is "This Little Light of Mine" by Addison Road...one of our favorite "Jubilee songs")
Tonight, as every night, we are resting in the joy of this beautiful hope:
Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-14
Blessings, Friends
xoxo
Brittany
Thanks for sharing, praying for you.
ReplyDeletehappy birthday Jubilee. remembering with sadness and hope. your family is in my prayers.
ReplyDelete