We had an ultrasound appointment last week and Miss Mowgli checked out with a double thumbs up again- we are so thankful! Like her brother and sisters, she's not one for showing off for the camera, so the 3D image they snapped was a little distorted, but you can still see the resemblance between this little lady and her big brother.

From what we can tell, these two have twinner noses and cheeks. Can't wait to see what they look like sitting next to each other in just a few weeks!
We've got four and a half weeks to go until her due date, but the Hubs and I have a hunch sister's not gonna wait that long. We've been trying to cram in a few family fun nights just the three of us before our world grows by one more little. Miss Mowgli went to her first baseball game last weekend and she loved her some Dippin' Dots ice cream. Big Brother is a HUGE baseball fan and had a blast at the game. He did so well and lasted all the way through the 9th inning and sat so patiently through the fireworks. He wasn't a huge fan, but he put on his brave face and let us stay. It was a nice change from last year at Disney World when fireworks sent us frantically running in the opposite direction with a cryer. =)


Newbie and I have spent a lot of time at home lately because this momma can barely waddle across the room without getting swollen kankles. He's been a great sport and we've had some fun days playing together being in the same general area while Newbie plays and Momma sits down. =)

(Popsicles are in no short supply over here these days)

(Can't believe we're already one month away!)

(I'm squeezing in as many snuggles as I can...we try not to squish Mowgli too much, but I can't resist loving on this sweet boy.)

(Hi, Baby Girl!)
This little lady is growing off the charts. She weighed in at 6 pounds, 3 ounces last week and fell in the 97th percentile for growth! Jubilee was always so far behind in growth, and we've been praying throughout this pregnancy that God would let Miss Mowgli grow big and strong...at a whopping 6 pounds and 97th percentile, He's answered our prayers with a BIG baby girl, and we are so thankful!

(I'm going to miss this baby bump, but it will be nice not to waddle everywhere or need a crane to pull me out of bed each morning anymore. =])
We've been scrambling to get everything ready for our girl. Our basement project has taken a lot longer than we anticipated, but we finally have carpet and paint done, and all of Newbie's toys have found their way to the new playroom. The toy overhaul opened up space for Miss Mowgli's nursery, and we've been busy as bees getting it ready! Gigi and Grandad showed up last week to paint...Benjamin Moore's Pink Sea Shell covers the walls now, and I am still in shock that we have a PINK room in our house. Can't believe we're about to welcome a baby girl!

(These two have painted every room in my house...and a few twice. Thank you, Gigi and Grandad!!!)

(Newbie and I have been on construction duty a couple times while Daddy's at work. We managed to put together a swing and a bassinet, but it wasn't easy!)
A month or so ago the women in my Bible study group threw me a shower- I was so blessed with lots of pinks and ruffles! Those women have been praying for Miss Mowgli since I met them last fall, and they have such a special place in my heart. I can't wait to pass Mowgli around the circle of these wonderful ladies when she gets here. =) I didn't get any pictures of our little party...how did that happen?!
Just a couple weeks ago, another sweet friend of mine and her mama hosted a shower for me and Mowgli. I was so touched that she wanted to celebrate my girl- and I was thrilled to have the chance to get a few pink items for her and her room (!!!) because Brother doesn't have many hand-me-downs that aren't covered in trucks or camo. =) We had so much fun partying on May 5 with a fiesta theme, and I was so grateful for the gift of celebrating a new baby girl a year to the day that we were planning Jubilee's Heaven Party last year. God is so good!



(I don't know how we didn't manage to get a picture of me and the lovely hostesses, but the sweet girl on the right and her mama are the ones who threw the shower for me. And the quilt is handmade by my grandmother from the fabrics in Mowgli's nursery- LOVE!)

(Then I opened a gift from my grandmother containing Miss Mowgli's first American Girl doll and a matching dress for her to wear. Somebody get the tissues. My sister and I grew up playing AG dolls together, and we both just LOST it when I opened this!)

(Happy tears...my side of the family is known for crying like crazy when we're super happy or really touched...this was a combo of both and we went on like this for a while. Can't believe I get a little girl to play dolls with!)

(This was the only people-picture I snagged...I think we must have been too distracted by the pregnancy-friendly margaritas and all the PINK to stop and grab pictures with all of my sweet guests! Love these four ladies- they've been through every bit of the past year and a half with me, and I'm so excited to introduce them to the little lady we've been praying for this year! ...note the baby bump on the far right- girlfriend's due just four days after I am- we're dreaming of same-day deliveries.=])
We have been so blessed by all of the family and friends that have been cheering our girl on and celebrating her soon-to-come arrival with us. We cannot wait to meet her and share her with the village! In the meantime, we're soaking up these days with Newbie, and I'm eating my body weight in sugary cereal and ice cream because I know the day is coming when I won't be able to blame it on the baby. =)
Thank you so much for the love and prayers for our girl! We so appreciate each and every one of you that has cried and rejoiced with us over the past two years- we truly cannot thank you enough for your support and encouragement as we've watched our family grow and God's faithfulness hold us fast. Thank you thank you thank you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment