I wish I had something really exciting to post about this afternoon, but the truth is, its just another cold, rainy not-so-Spring day here, and nothin's goin' on.
However, Newbie and I did have a good time this morning when Miss A and her little lady L came over to hang out, but things have really slowed down from there. Lunch time. Snack time. Stare out the window at the hum-drum weather time. Blah blah blah.
At our play date today I realized I've really got to get on the social skills with Newbie. He gets so excited about having friends over, but he's always crawling all over them and getting up in their business when they're playing with his toys. What he lacks in play date manners he makes up for in his enthusiasm. He is smiley and talkative and full of wiggles and giggles, but bless Little L's heart, she didn't know why it was OK for Newbie to swipe toys but not OK for her to. He hasn't quite learned the art of playing with toys together instead of just taking a toy when someone else starts to play with it. But you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be smiling at you and waving while he takes your toy. I'll put that one on my Teach Newbie To-Do List. It will go right next to "screaming in a restaurant, even out of excitement, isn't really socially acceptable" and "don't eat Opie's bone, even if it looks like he wants to share."
My fingers are numb.
I'm just saying. Its still that cold outside.
I think this afternoon Newbie and I might have a concert. The kind where I hold his daddy's guitar while he strums and I sing a song completely out of tune but it doesn't matter because my sidekick will keep strumming away anyway. He's been digging the guitar lately. At Grandad's house this past weekend, he had a blast playing. He lights up when he sees the guitar case, and once the music starts, he bounces back and forth between helping strum the strings and dancing. I grew up listening to my daddy play the guitar, and I love watching Newbie enjoy it too.
Uh oh....little man is squawking at me over the baby monitor. Nap time must be over...looks like its time to get our groove on.
Happy rainy Tuesday!




If you don't post my real name....and you don't add any pictures...How are you going to know (25 years from now, when you are looking through your blog scrapbook) who actually came over today? Hmm? Just sayin'....
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting :) We had a blast!