Monday, March 28, 2011

Portrait of a Saturday

*I have no idea why the pictures aren't coming up for this post.  I'm going to go eat some Cheez-Its and watch some TV and mull it over. *****The pictures are working now!  Amazing what a few Cheez-Its will do for ya.

Yesterday was Moving Day for Aunt Corndog and Crazy Uncle J, who was formerly known as "the Broski".  Turns out he's not in love with his Sprinkles&Wrinkles nickname.  I'm sure he'll like his new one better. =)  The love birds moved from one apartment just outside of town to another much closer to their jobs and their nephew.    It is big.  And there is a pool.  And a walk-out slider. And pretty grass. We. are. excited.


Newbie and I showed up just in time to catch the official move-in.  Newbie's Grandma and Grandpa were there to help, and G-Daddy was there too.  Newbie met a couple of Corndog and Crazy Uncle J's friends who had been recruited to haul boxes and help unpack.  It was a moving party! 

Unfortunately, the Hubs had to work, and while Newbie and I missed his company, the movers missed his rippling biceps.  And that's what they said too: "Gee whiz, B.  Where's your husband with those incredible rippling biceps today?" Verbatim. Scouts honor.

A move-in day just isn't the same without my Stud on campus, but they managed to pull it off and get all the heavy-lifting done in record time. I'm convinced some of it was due to Newbie's cheer leading.  He vectored everyone in with some "SO BIG's" and some nicely placed waving. 











The new apartment is adorable, and we are looking forward to inviting ourselves over for dinner sometime soon because we are nothing if not overwhelming and intrusive when it comes to housewarming.  Ya gotta break 'em in early so they aren't surprised when we drop in unannounced to enjoy some cable TV or Girl Scout Cookies. 

Congrats on the new digs, Aunt Corndog and Crazy Uncle J!  We love you guys and seriously....when's dinner?

In other news ...do your Saturday nights ever look like this? 


There's nothin' like a little Praise Baby DVD watching after 9 o'clock.  What can I say?  My boys know how to party. 

*Happy Sunday, friends!  Hope you join us in drinking up every last bit of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment