While the rain falls outside the window this morning, my little family is praising God for the sweet three pound whopper we saw at our ultrasound yesterday! =)
I was a ball of nerves before our appointment yesterday afternoon. We don't take healthy babies and good news for granted over here, and I think I just know way too much about how quickly one ultrasound can turn our world upside down. I knew God would take care of us whether we received good news or hard news, but just to keep it real: I really really
really wanted it to be good news. =)
(Pre-appointment...big belly. Big nerves. ...Shout out to my MIL who graciously picked up the chaos that was all those toys in the background of this pic last night!)
I was so overwhelmed with joy and gratitude when our ultrasound tech talked us through each normal measurement and told us our girl was growing right on track. I almost lost it when she told us Miss Mowgli is actually a big girl, weighing in at a half pound over average for where we're at right now. We. will. take. it! Keep growing and packing on those pounds, Baby Girl! When she popped up the 3D ultrasound view and I recognized her brother in those chubby little cheeks, my heart melted into praises and I couldn't stop smiling.
(The cuteness of that nose is enough to undo me. She's got the same nose as her big brother and big sister. And those cheeks?! )
Its too wonderful. I can't believe she's mine.
We are so full of gratitude. And so looking forward to snuggling this girl soon.
An enormous thank you and a big hug to each of you who have been praying for our little lady and our family. I can't tell you how much it means to us or how encouraging it is to know there are some of you our there still following our story and rooting for us even though I don't show up to update the blog nearly as often as I used to. =) Thanks for sticking with my little crew- we so appreciate you and are forever grateful for the prayers!
Happy Tuesday, friends!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing those pictures. GLORIOUS!
ReplyDelete