We're on some kind of Pizza Hut detox because all the remodeling has led us to far too many take-out dinners. Majorly lacking in the leafy greens department around here lately.

I ran into this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a go. (Don't let the "smoothie for weight-loss" fool you; this momma is packing on the pounds- it just looked kinda yummy =]) This smoothie was a brighter green than the others I've seen, and that made me feel somewhat hopeful. Like maybe it wouldn't taste like slugs. However, I was still really skeptical. REALLY. I cannot emphasize enough how much I hesitated at the thought of making something that looked like a glass full of boogers for breakfast. HOWEVER it is only spinach and peaches and mangoes, and bananas, and I love all that stuff, minus the spinach, and rumor had it that you wouldn't taste the spinach.
Still skeptical, but worth a shot if it meant I got a good dose of fruits and veggies in before 9 in the morning since I've usually only managed a frozen waffle or bowl of Cheerios by then.
So I went for it.

And so did my boys.

I kid you not: it. was. delicious. And this is coming from a Lucky Charms fanatic.
You truly can't taste the spinach, and I just kept telling myself that bright green meant my baby bump was getting all kinds of vitamins and minerals. =)
Newbie saw the Hubs and I swigging away, and he is never one to pass up an opportunity to drink from a straw.


(Cheers, Daddy-O!)



Today was the first lazy morning we've had together in several weeks since we've been so busy getting the house ready to rock and roll. After our smoothies, we headed out to do a few things at the house and hit up our home away from home: The Home Depot. I love that place, and so does Newbie. So many possibilities! Here's a peek at all the hard work our family and my main squeeze have put in over the past few weeks:
(The bathroom my man tiled. So good looking. The tile too, of course.)
(And yes, the windows are still natural wood...painting them would have meant at least another week before we could move in and this chick wasn't game for that. Don't judge me.)

(The kitchen everyone has shed sweat and tears over: my mom painted the walls, my man tore out the floor, my MIL painted the insides of the cupboards, my FIL installed the microwave (upper right), my bro-in-law painted some cupboards, my sister painted the hallway leading to this room =] and my daddy is busy painting the cupboard doors. What a crew! )

(You won't believe how crazy ape I'm going to go on the chandelier that will replace that 70's beauty. Bring on the clearance spray paint, baby, and brace yourself.)
(The aftermath currently residing in our garage...to be hauled off tomorrow afternoon.)
Sooo excited to get moved into this puppy! We're heading into another jam-packed weekend of work, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and the Hubs and I are counting down the days 'til we cross the threshold of our home sweet home. I'll keep you posted!Happy weekending!
Whip up a smoothie if you're feelin' brave... =)
- 1-2 bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- a couple handfuls of spinach
- water
- ice
- Toss into a blender and eat. it. up!

We LOVE Linda Wagner and her smoothies!!!! I love it when B goes crazy and chugs a bunch of GREEN! And I LOVE the progress I'm seeing in your new home!! SO exciting!!!
ReplyDelete