Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Christmas Tree Story

We went on a Christmas tree hunt with GiGi and Grandad last weekend.  The Hubs and I are still using the fake tree we got at our wedding, but we're always game for living vicariously through people who don't mind vacuuming up allusive pine needles all month long.  Its all the fun of a tree hunt and Christmas carols without the mess.  =)

(When did my baby get so big?!)

(Hi, Sugar.  Sorry Momma's no good at finding a hat that matches your coat.  It could be worse.  Her socks didn't match that day. I don't know...is that worse?)


(If you look closely, you can spy Mowgli in this one...Hi, Baby!)

(Victorious!)

*****

Its looking a lot like Christmas around here, if Christmas involves oddles of decorations and lots of sitting on the coach sucking on peppermints to ward off the yuckies.  We've been playing it super low-key the past several weeks because that first trimester nausea will reeeeeally take it out of a girl.  The Hubs has been a champ and cooked dinner night after night because I can't stand to look at food after 3 in the afternoon.  Which I actually love.  I love feeling this icky sick stuff because it means there's a little somebody tucked away somewhere just growing and growing and growing.  Its nice to have the reassurance that Mowgli's doing well.  Momma can't make dinner? Awesome.  Baby's lookin' good!

(Daddy and Newbie taking over the kitchen for Momma. My heroes!)

Newbie's been a real champ entertaining himself while I try and hold it together.  I hate having to turn down so many of his offers: "Mommy wanna play?" but I'm grateful that he's such a trooper and willing to harass Opie or play cars on his own when I can't muster the energy to be a good sport.  


Its so fun experiencing Christmas through this little guy's eyes.  Every year it just gets better and better. He's starting to really get that its Jesus' birthday, and he's been loving all the twinkling lights.  Takes me back to being three feet high and the hours that could be spent just taking in how cool the Christmas tree is. =)


All is well in this neck of the woods.  Thank you all for your congrats and most especially for your prayers for Mowgli!  We're enjoying every day we've got with these kiddos, and are looking forward to watching God's story for this newest little one unfold.  It is so encouraging knowing there are so many cheering us on and praying us through.  Thank you thank you thank you!

Happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment