Lets just get to the good stuff. =)
We sent 2012 out with a bang.
I grew a baby belly and celebrated five years being married to this guy. We spent the night in a hotel and had fun remembering how much has changed since we tied the knot five years ago. Two houses, two college graduations, three+ jobs, three babies, one toddler, and a wholelotta tears, laughs, and seriously charred dinners later I'm still crushing on him just as much as I was on our wedding day in December of 2007. He makes me happy happy happy.

(14 (13?) weeks pregnant with Mowgli...we are 16 weeks now and everything is lookin' good. More on Baby #4 next time.)
Between my big girl camera and instagram, I have a trillion pictures from Christmas, but in the interest of playing catch-up and not posting Christmas Part 1-80, I'll just share a few that are easy to get a hold of right now (lots of extended family pics are still stuck on my phone- my apologies to the grandmas and other family who are getting the photo shaft!)...

(He squeezed some z's in when he could... at dinner time Christmas day.)

(Newbie's written his own song about these two: "Too-Tee and GD are in Texas and I lub dem!")

(Sporting his aunt C's new earmuffs and hanging out with his uncle "Wobagaco")

(Hi, Gam-Pa)

(Hi, Gwandad)

(Christmas morning with my bug. Love a good excuse to stay in PJ's all day)

(Santa brought a castle and somebody loved it)
Post-Christmas we've been wintering. Hibernating. Hiding out in our four walls because the plague is going around and Momma's flu shot doesn't kick in for another week- ha! We're taking advantage of the down time and investing some time in Potty Boot Camp. I've been hearing timers beeping and feeling damp carpet in my sleep. The good news is, he may show up with wet pants, but he can always take me back to the scene of the crime. I feel like that means there's hope for two reasons: 1) my poor carpet can get a good vinegar and water treatment and not be left for dead. 2) if he knows where it happened, then he knows what happened. I feel like maybe we can make the connection and get that business to the bathroom. ...or we could just keep swigging apple juice and taking our chances all day long. Its not like its making me psycho or anything. I think I'm getting a twitch.
The wintering has been fun. Something about January makes me feel like spring is just around the corner. I think its because when you live in the north, you have to hold out for something or your heart will freeze like the rest of the landscape. Its just so stinking cold. And COLD. So we're looking forward to spring. And enjoying the crunchy snow and the indoor afternoons in the meantime. =)

(buddies.)

(This shot had to make the wintering line-up because he has been cooking with us alllll the time lately. "I need to bake some eggs, Mom." "It ok, Mom! We don't need a wecipe to make toast! We make toast, ok?")
(We've been working on letters and sounds and surprise! He knows them...I can't take the credit. Thank goodness the LeapFrog Letter Factory dvd lived up to all the hype. Homeboy's got the alphabet down.)

(Don't let these outdoor pictures fool you into thinking I'm a pregnant mom who gears up in the snow garb everyday just to get some fresh air with the kiddo. This happens once in a blue moon. But little man adores being outside, so I'm trying to be a big girl and get out there more often. =))

(Little boys never. stop. exploring.)

(We've seen lots of sunshine this week. I swoon.)

(Too-big warm wool socks and hot chocolate= the perfect post-outside indulgence. And yes, those are diapers. I gave up for a little bit yesterday. Don't judge me.)
Whew. Do you know how long I've been telling myself I need to hop on the blog and do. something? For.eva. It feels good. Like cleaning out a closet or doing your laundry or something.
I'm off to scrounge up some lunch and psych myself out for another afternoon of Potty Boot Camp. Wishing you all a happy Thursday!

No comments:
Post a Comment