Monday, January 14, 2013

Hello, Mowgli...16 Weeks


Cherishing this growing belly and the little one inside today.  

We've been praying like crazy for this little babe, and I'm so grateful to have had four uneventful months with him or her so far.  We've been in for several check-ups to be sure everything looks good, and we've been given the thumbs-up each time.  In three weeks we'll go in for our 20 week ultrasound.  That one is a biggie.  We'll be going to the specialists to get accurate measurements and to screen for any potential issues.  There's nothing about my past two pregnancies that lead them to believe that something could be wrong this time, but they are doing us a solid and taking extra good care of us this go-around.  

There are a lot of emotions swirling around the anticipation for that appointment, as its almost a year to date from when we had our ultrasound with Jubilee where they told us she was so sick.  The tears come easy these days and the prayers do as well.  Its really surreal to be at almost the exact point in my pregnancy with Mowgli this year that I was with Jubilee last year- just a couple weeks ahead of where we were last year.  While I've been experiencing some difficult emotions as we get closer to this upcoming ultrasound, I'm also giddy with excitement...I can't wait to see Mowgli squirming around on the screen, and I have a feeling the nesting is going to really kick in once we know if this little one is a boy or a girl.  We are so hopeful for only good news in early February, but are very confident in God's plan for Mowgli no matter what it looks like.  

There's been a fair amount of nerves throughout this pregnancy so far, but the truth is that it has been entirely smooth sailing health-wise for this momma and baby, and I am thankful thankful thankful.

Little Mowgli has grown from a poppy seed back in October to an avocado. We waved goodbye to the nausea (yuck!) just before Christmas, and are enjoying a momma with more energy who has been doing laundry and actually making dinner for the first time in weeks. =)

(Sure would be nice if I had spelled "avocado" correctly for the picture, huh? Pregnancy brain!)

Big brother wanted to get in on the fun...

("Cheeeese, Mom!")

This winter we're busy making room for another little.  I'm just drinking in the joy found in the anticipation of our growing family. We've got plans to finish a portion of our basement to make a family room and play room so Mowgli will have a place to sleep upstairs in the current play room.  Newbie's not overly excited about the idea of the toy overhaul we have in the works, but he is thrilled about helping his daddy build with tools!  He talks about Mowgli a lot ("Mowgli is an itty bitty bitty tiny baby") and is Baby's biggest fan until we mention sharing toys or playrooms and that's when the sibling rivalry kicks in. Ha! I think he'll warm up to the idea when he realizes Mowgli won't be able to hold his own for a while after he comes home. =)  

Speaking of the big brother, while I write this, Newbie has effectively pulled out every toy in the living room and worked on a masterpiece in his diaper as well.  Awesome.  Looks like he's also experimenting with what happens when he pokes Opie in the eye.  He. is. all. boy.  Duty calls. =)  

Wishing you a blessed Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment