And knowing the Author makes all the difference.
I had slipped in and out of concern over the appointment, struggling with some of the "what-ifs" and just the exhaustion of grief and wondering if another swell of heartbreak was just around the corner. Somewhere along the way in those moments of nerves, I had forgotten what I know to be true about the Author. By yesterday morning (nothing like down to the wire!), I had come to a place where I remembered. I remembered that His story is always woven with grace, and that He never leaves us to walk the road alone. He had been there before, and He would be there now. We could do it. We could sit through another gut-wrenching ultrasound if that was what He had for us, because hadn't He shown us that His ways were always better than our ways, His story always better than our own? Hadn't He shown us that taking Jubilee was just grace upon grace and hadn't we seen first hand how good He was?
We walked into that appointment with peace, joyfully anticipating the story He was writing for our newest little one because we knew the Author, the story wrought with grace and joy that He had already written for us, and we knew that in all things He works for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). And oh, how we love Him.
So when this little profile appeared on the screen, we couldn't have been more delighted.
We were loving the story already...

When the ultrasound tech began measurements and relayed to us with each measurement that everything was exactly the length it should be for 20 weeks, and that from what they could see, there was no sign of any of the complications we've seen with our last two pregnancies, we were so filled with gratitude and praise to the Author of LIFE, I thought our hearts would burst!
We are so excited that the story thus far for little Mowgli is one of health and life! What a special gift...we are just beside ourselves with gratitude.
The sprinkles on top of the appointment was the envelop holding a secret that we carried out of the office and straight to the bakery ...
Do you have a guess? =)
I was thinking girl, the Hubs was thinking boy...it was Newbie's job to get into the cake and find out:




Pink!!!

Ahhhh!!!! PINK!!!
Somebody's excited:

And he's not the only one! =)

(Miss Mowgli, we love you so much already, sweet girl!!!)
*****
Wishing you all a happy Tuesday!
And a BIG thank you from the bottom of our hearts to all of you who have been praying for our Mowgli girl...we are so grateful for your faithfulness in standing in the gap for our little family. Big {pink!} hugs from us to you today!
Gaaah! TEARS! LOVE the photos and your words! :) I love her already!!! :) SO happy happy happy for you FOUR! God is SO good! XOXO
ReplyDeleteI've been waiting for this!!!!! YAY for a healthy baby GIRL! I knew it! ;) I'm dripping in tears over here in awe of the author of life, how he's shown his grace over and over, and in excitment for this little one!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!! God is SOOO Good!!!
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord! So excited for you. Babies are blessings and Girls are GREAT!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the God work.
Yippee!!!! So happy for you all. Praise God! Blessings my friend.
ReplyDeleteThe tears fall as I celebrate this precious little life with you! I have followed your story since you left a comment on Angie Smith's blog shortly after you learned of Jubilee's diagnosis (forgive me for just now commenting.) I have laughed and cried and prayed for each of you these last many months.
ReplyDeleteWhen sweet Jubilee was born, I was just 14 weeks pregnant myself and my heart broke in two for you all. Little did I know that the sweet little babe (baby #3) I carried and longed to meet was stuggling to survive. During a routine 18 week ultrasound we learned that our baby had no heartbeat and likely had been gone for a few weeks already. It was devastating to say the least. We met and said goodbye to our little boy, Bennett Nathaniel on May 31st, 2012.
And now, I find myself in such a similar place. I am 15 weeks pregnant again (with baby #4) and praying that this little one will be healthy. So far everything has been great, but we have a few weeks to wait for our anatomy scan.
Your writing, your faith, and your sweet precious trust in the Lord has been such a comfort to me all these months. As we walk a similar path I rejoice with you in this amazing news! Pink!! Ahhhhh!
Thank you for sharing your story with us Brittany.
Lisa
Lisa, I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your precious little Bennett. My mama heart aches for you, sweet mama. I'm praying now for you and this newest little one of yours, especially as you approach your scan in a few weeks. I can relate to the feelings waiting for that date, and I am praying all the best for you and trusting in God's story for your little #4 as well.
DeleteThank you for reading and writing and praying along with my little family! Big hugs to you =)
I'm so happy for you Brittany! i'm relieved to read that everything is on track. To a different degree, I can relate to walking into the ultrasound with 'what ifs' in the aftermath of such a tragedy. I am proud of the way you have seemed to handle it!
ReplyDeleteare you doing the (in)courage study?