As soon as the monitor hit my belly and our little- scratch that- BIG baby hits the screen, a resounding "IT'S A BOY!" bounced off the walls.
I have never seen the hubby smile so big in his life. I think I started hyperventilating. I completely and entirely thought we were having a little girl, and I had to back pedal and make sure I heard the tech right...
"Wait, what?!? Are you sure??? I really thought we were having a girl!"
The tech laughed and went on to point out our little man's anatomy, at which point I realized we most certainly are HAVING A BABY BOY!!!
I proceeded through the rest of the ultra sound in a daze, mostly from the realization that we are being blessed with a little baby boy and partially from the 16 ounces of water and 4 ounces of Coke I had downed and was being forced to "hold" for an entire hour and then some...that much liquid and a lady pregnant with a baby the size of a cantaloupe are not a good combo.
As I floated through the ultra sound, all I had to do was look up at the hubby's radiating smile to remind me that the whole thing was real and we really are pregnant with a little-destined-to-wear-plenty-of-camo-man.
I did manage to remain coherent enough to hear that he has 10 fingers and toes and everything looks like we're right on track for a healthy baby. Praise the Lord! We are so thankful for such a great report! He is about 8-10 inches long now, and he weighs 12 ounces...which means that even though they won't move up his due date, he is measuring at a April 12 due date- 5 days earlier than the "official date" they have in the books. Woohoo! This momma is a fan of any news that might mean I get to meet this little guy a few days sooner than first expected!
Hokey Pete. I have been freaking out all afternoon. I went to Terrrget today to buy the cutest baby boy outfits I could find and some matching binkies. I brought them home and set them out on the table, and the thought of a little guy wearing those by this time next year just melted my heart. I had to scrape my heart off the floor before heading over to my particle board computer desk to look up my crib bedding online and drool all over the set we have planned for a little boy. Our little boy. Sigh. I am so excited!
Pictures to come soon...after we share our news with the rest of the fam and after another shopping spree tomorrow with my mom.
Congratulations on the good news. Glad to hear things are going well. Although I only had one, little boys are a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteI gave you a blog award. You can see it at my blog. God bless.
http://messycarsandmuddyshoes.blogspot.com/2009/11/over-top-blog-award.html
Congratulations! That sounds awesome :)
ReplyDelete