Newbie and I have been out on the town this week. We've hit all our favorite places, and we've been gulping down summer faster than an Oreo Blizzard.
Monday we hit the mall on the look out for a fun photo session outfit for Newbie. I decided on a pair of Oshkosh overalls because I'm not sure it gets any cuter than a baby boy in overalls in the summertime. We had lunch at Panera where Newbie showed me his "bulldog" face. We clanked cups together and hollered "CHEERS!" over the bustle of mall goers and enjoyed some soup and sandwiches.
After lunch we hit up Barnes and Noble where Newbie snagged books off the shelves, dropped them on the floor, then took off running. I don't know who he thinks I am, but book picker upper and wild toddler-on-the-loose chaser ain't it, baby. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to wear a disguise before I visit the bookstore again because chances are, after the number of Elmo books we left lying on the floor in our wake, we aren't going to be invited back anytime soon. Favorite takeaway of the day: we snagged a camo sun hat for Newbie for a whopping three bucks at Children's Place. STEAL OF THE CENTURY.
Yesterday we went to The Best Park Ever with G-Mama while the Daddy-O was at work, and while I don't have any pictures to prove it, we had a grand 'ol time. Newbie LOVES him some G-Mama. As we were making our way from the beach to the splash pad, we ran into Miss Trudy and her sweet girls, so we got to play with them for a bit in the sprinklers which was a real treat!
Today Newbie and I went to see little Mr. B and his mama. The boys bobbed in the pool while the mamas chatted and basked in the glory that is the pool float. No wiggly babies to wrestle, just happy little campers with chubby hands splashing at the water and chunky legs swooshing below while the floats do all the work of reining in squirmy littles. Nowhere has my baby ever been more happy strapped down than in a mesh float hanging on the surface of the water.
Bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment