Monday, July 18, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

I am so grateful for this Monday morning.  There's just something about a Monday that begs for routine, and routine is what I am craving these days.  We've officially moved back home after a couple weeks in and out of my mom's house and the hospital and our own home, and I'm so happy to be back to the place where we thrive on routine.  There's just something about your own bed and your own dirty dishes and your own piles of laundry. =) 

Last week my mom came over and gave this house the deep cleaning of the century.  My home has never been more squeaky clean, Boris has been completely dominated, and there are happy farmer's market sunflowers perched in a vase on my dining room table.

It's good to be home.

Today we're enjoying a warm cup of coffee and a sippy cup of water and settling down into our new normal.  Things won't ever be "normal" again because we've grown so much the past few weeks.  I'm convinced you cannot possibly go return to normal after an experience like I've had.  I'll never be the same. Now we have a new normal. 

Our new normal is a place where a portion of our hearts is reserved for hope and anticipation of seeing our little one someday.

Our new normal is completely bent on clinging to the hope of Christ, believing He will hold us and never let go.  It's living for what is unseen because we know so well that what is seen is temporary. 

Our new normal is laughing when we pray over Newbie at bedtime and he folds his little hands as we rock in the glider because he knows we're talking to Jesus- our rescuer and friend.  I love that my little 15 month old knows when we're talking to our savior.  There is nothing more precious.

Our new normal is turning on Milo and Otis on a Monday morning and hoping it occupies Newbie long enough for his mama to get a quick blog post up. ...If history repeats itself, I have about 3 more minutes. =)

Our new normal is stepping back into our everyday routine with a refreshed appreciation for the little things and a renewed hope for what is to come. 

In the name of getting back into our routine, I have a fun post to share from our week of vacation on the lake.  At the end of June, we packed up the family circus and met my parents, sister and brother-in-law, uncle, and grandparents at a cottage on the beach.  We had a blast soaking in every sunset and sinking our toes deep into the summer sand.  Newbie was all over the beach and up and down the stairs at the cottage.  I'm not sure I've ever had a more exhausting vacation, but the effort was well worth the fun and memories we received in return. 


Today I'm wishing we had a big lake right outside our door.  The heat index is predicted to climb up into the 100's this week, and I'm telling you right now, there aren't enough Popsicles in the world to keep this mama and baby cool in that kind of weather.  If you have a pool, please call me.  We will bring the cookies and lemonade. =) 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment