
By the time this gets posted, Newbie and I will be in the midst of a stay at the beach house. (Hello, blog post scheduled publisher!) The Hubs is coming up to celebrate my bday and then headed back to hold down the fort. So don't try breaking in to swipe my teal mason jars or my wrinkled laundry because Bossman will be home.
I know all anyone is really after is the ruffled teal shower curtain. But this isn't the week to try and gank it. Grab yourself a 20% off coupon to BedBathandBeyond and you can get a copy of your own for a pretty good deal. =)
Thus Hubs' presence at home is the only way I'm allowed to blog about being gone before being gone.
You know, because of all the mason jars and dirty laundry someone might try and jack out of my living room. Or the shower curtain.
I'd like to blame the paranoia on my husband, but the truth is, if he didn't make the rule, I would have made it anyway.
Mr. and Mrs. Freak. We just really love our shower curtain, ok? =)
Back to the beach house...
We used to call it the cottage, but Newbie got confused because his grandma and grandpa have a cottage. He didn't get why GiGi and Grandad and Griffin would be "at the cottage" this week. So we made the switch: its officially the beach house.
Appropriately named because it is on. the. beach.
Love.
I promised Newbie we would bake cookies and pack suitcases when he gets up from his nap.
Homeboy knows whats up. He is all about the suitcase packing because in the past the packing of the suitcase has proven fruitful. Trip to Disney World: Lots of candy, lots of Mickey, lots of staying up past bedtime. Week at the cottage on the lake: Lots of water, lots of dirt, lots of staying up past bedtime.
I don't think the beach house will disappoint, based on our past two summers there.
Lots of sand.
circa 2010

circa 2011

Lots of sunsets.
circa 2010

circa 2011

Lots of barefeet ("bare toes" in Newbie language).
circa 2010

(Be still my heart! Is it so greedy to want another one?! Because I so totally want another one.=])
circa 2011

Lots of dance parties.
I'm cheating...two from 2011 =)

(I was preggo with Eden girl in this picture...sister had some ups!)

Lots of staying up past bedtime.
circa 2010

(Although now we party with chocolate milk and popcorn.)
circa 2011

Grace and gifts and gratitude.
I have a book list, an ambition to put together some toddler/preschool lesson plans (eek!), and a hankering for some quiet afternoons in the sun.
Speaking of those Jubilee days. =)
Shouting for joy and praising God for time away with family. ...And all the "lots" we'll be experiencing this week.
Happy Augusting!

Love the photos!
ReplyDelete