
When I moved into my freshman dorm, I was excited and anticipating the adventure that would be my 4 years in college. I found myself getting high off the euphoria of organizing my stash of newly purchased Bed Bath & Beyond items in my room and stowing all of my Target dishes in the kitchen cupboards...until my dad drug our university mascot (an enormous overgrown sailor-reminicent of a Popeye who gained more than his fair share of the freshman 15) into the room and insisted we get a picture with it because no one else would have a picture of "Louie the Laker" in their kitchen on Move-In Day. Thanks, Daddy. Definitely made it to my Top 10 Memorable College Moments List...and all in my first 2 hours on campus.
Anyways
Now I have my very own Louie the Laker! My hubby officially finished his last class yesterday, and enjoyed his first weekday evening at home without class tonight- the first of many! I am so proud of him and so grateful for all the long hours he put in at our alma mater to make life happen! Thanks for working so hard and CONGRATS, Honey!!!

Oh, and the festive 2009 Graduate glasses that we wore for the duration of your graduation ceremony and after party? You're welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment