#1- I went to see The Time Travelor's Wife with a friend of mine this afternoon. Now I kinda want to travel back in time. Uh oh. I keep thinking how much I'd like to take back the 15 cents I paid the boys in my neighborhood as a kid to ride on the makeshift "go-cart" they were crowing about. It was a sorry excuse for an automobile, as it was just a bunch of plywood boards primitively hammered together with rusty nails they found in the scrap pile of a house being built on our street, set all catewhompus on a pair of wheels taken from a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles skateboard. I should have seen right through their "it's the best ride you'll ever go on, and it only costs 15 cents" charade, but I was only 8, and the prospect of experiencing the best ride I'd ever go on in my very own neighborhood was just too good to pass up. That death trap landed me in the middle of the road with a couple skinned up knees and a bunch of embarassing tears. I'd so like to go and get my money back, dang it.
#2- Following the movie at the mall, my friend and I ventured into Gymboree only to find that everything was 30% off and the clearance racks were full of adorable clothes for babies. Uh oh. It was all I could do to contain myself (and my wallet), and now I am lamenting the fact that I didn't know whether to buy the little ruffled girl swimsuit or the cute denim lobster overalls and won't know until its too late to take advantage of the summer clearance for my baby's summer wardrobe next year. Bummer.
#3- I found some motion-sickness relieving wristbands online and thought they would be the perfect accessory for a pregnant woman cruising the Caribbean in a few weeks. Later today I found the same wristbands at Rite Aid, but they were an ugly black as opposed to the online assortment of colors- rainbow, red with flowers, etc. Now I am torn between the ugly bands at Rite Aid or the cute bands online that will cost me an extra $10 in shipping and handling.

#4- My father-in-law texted the hubs yesterday to let him know that Cabela's is sponsoring a waterfowl-extravaganza/every-hunter's-dream-event or some whosie-whatsit-something-or-other involving enormous amounts of camo and guns this weekend, causing my hubby to con his way into a three month early birthday gift card. It's looking more and more like the hubby is going to talk me into an entire day spent at that camoflagued nightmare. This is how bored I became the last time we spent 4-73 hours at that store:


As painful a prospect as it is, this uh-oh may in fact have a happy ending. In exchange for the endless hours I am almost inevitably guaranteed to spend there, the hubby has offered to take me on my maiden voyage to IKEA on our way home.
I'm thinking...DEAL.
haha! I think it is not even a question between the two cypress bands. You should really go for the cute ones. You're going to be wearing them a lot. Make sure you get ones that will match your suit. hmm, well i guess black would match everything. like your dress and suits. Oh well, the colored ones are cute. Have fun at Cabellas. buy me something. just kidding. okahy, im bored because i am waiting on my fiance to get here and watch 24. guess i will go eat my fiber cereal.
ReplyDeletei feel like you might become famous because your blog posts are so funny. Then i will be jealous. oh well, i will try and become famous for my crafts. You are a really really good writer. like famous good. i need to make a blog for my crafts. and cakes. two different ones. k. help me do that some day
ReplyDelete