Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama as a way to share imperfections and short comings in a fun and transparent way! Join in the fun on Mondays at www.mycharmingkids.net and find out what other women have not been doing this week!

Last week I did not go to the beach with my mom and sister instead of doing the 78 pounds of laundry that were piled up in my mudroom.



I also did not already start my baby registry because my mother in law likes to go Christmas shopping early to beat the crowds and I just so happen to have a birthday this week. I did not do that. That would just be beyond a shadow of a doubt jumping the gun. ahem.

Another thing I did not do this week was take a slew of pics with my Keens in them as we were tubing down the river with my fam simply because I was in awe of the fact that they were the hands-down-no-two-ways-about-it-most-definite perfect river tubing footwear choice. Not me! That would be weird.












Seriously. The best river tubing footwear choice.

Last but not least, I have not Googled every other activity I have planned to pursue since I found out I was pregnant in an effort to educate myself as a first-timer, even though I've had a ton of experience with kids and always told myself I would never be a spaz that freaked out about everything. I did not do that because I have worked with kids and babies and been around expectant moms since the first time I read Babysitter's Club back in 4th grade. On principle I would never do that. Ever.



Lucky for me, the ever-insightful internet answered my question with a resolute, "No. Not for 15 years. In fact, your husband should probably do that from now on." Oh, Google. Bless your sweet little heart.

7 comments:

  1. I love google's answer on the laundry. I'm telling my husband now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about the laundry. BTW, congrats on your pregnancy. By the end of the 1st trimester you won't use Google...as much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun not me post. Definitely be careful with laundry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that! Should I be doing laundry? HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny post! Just hopped over from Mckmama's. Congrats on the pregnancy! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahah that's really funny. How did you get that google picture? that's just hilariouse.

    ReplyDelete