Friday, September 25, 2009

Fantastic Friday Night

Tonight we toured the Art Prize with friends of ours, JLH&J. We had a blast and saw a lot of interesting art displays. Among the most unique may have been the weirdo woodland man on stilts or the fire eater who we never actually saw eat fire, accompanied by an assistant who was not afraid to snap a mouse trap on his tongue. Fantastic Friday night entertainment, folks. The popcorn helped. After visiting the concession stand, Hubby came up with one bag and a box. I managed to polish off the entire box of popcorn before I even realized what hit me. I chose to play the "pregnant card" and forget about the massive amount of greasy butter and salt I must have consumed in a 30 minute time period.

My favorite part of the evening was playing with this adorable little man whom L and I are not-so-secretly pre-arranging a marriage or best friend relationship to my baby. Because that would be a dream come true, and who doesn't love dreams come true?! Please ignore the ridiculous sock exposure here, as the hubby, unlike a photo-conscious girlfriend, is not always interested in the finer details like how much your socks are showing when taking pictures in the park. Isn't he adorable?!?







Ok, I know that's a lot of the same picture and a whole lot of sock exposure, but can you ever have enough pictures of an adorable baby? No, you cannot, my friends. Moving on to the rest of the evening with more art and less socks...

Below you will find the woodland man on stilts. I had a moment of nostalgia looking up at him, as one of my childhood favorites was stomping around on the awesome stilts I asked my Grandad to make for me when Santa forgot to get me the moon shoes I saw in the Toys R Us catalog several Christmases in a row. Never got the moon shoes.





I loved the movie Waterhorse. The hubby and I saw it on our Honeymoon along with Alvin and the Chipmunks, (our choices were limited), and I truly walked away thinking "what a great movie!" After recommending it to friends and family, I was firmly assured that it was the worst, and longest, movie ever made. I was happy to see that though it failed in the family box office, the Waterhorse made it to the Art Prize!



Last, but not least, the lovely family we spent the evening with- getting their grove on.



And for your viewing pleasure, my very own husband partaking in some hard core parkour, inspired by last week's episode of The Office...

e

Now it's off to the couch for a chick flick and (more?!?) popcorn with my parkour master. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment