Monday, October 26, 2009

I'll meet your Starburst and raise you a Tootsie Roll

Good grief. It's been ages since I've blogged. Leave it to me to put it off until something involving an enormous amount of candy warrants an update. Truth is, we've been busy around here trying to sell our house and eating our own body weight in apple crisp. However, we broke routine Friday night when two of our closest friends, lovingly referred to as Shrek and Fiona, rode into town wearing red pajamas and driving six white horses. We were so thrilled they were coming to visit that I called the hubby at 3 in the afternoon asking if I could spend upwards of 20 dollars on candy for a rousing game of Rummy Royal with our anticipated company. Being the gaming enthusiast that he is, he agreed, and I came home with two bags full of candy (made up of 2-3 bags of Starburst "Fave Reds"- an entire bag full of only the best flavors!!!) waiting to be gambled away amongst friends.

It was a jubilant evening spent with good friends, good laughs, Paula Dean's Chicken Pot Pie, cider and donuts, apple crisp, and more candy than we knew what to do with.





It doesn't take much to make a pregnant lady ecstatically happy. Just 20 dollars worth of Tootsie Rolls.



I'm not going to say we aren't a competitive crowd.





Somebody really wanted to get in on the fun...



The winnings:




We all walked away with our fair share in high fructose corn syrup gold, and with the trick-or-treating festivities only days away, I find myself facing a moral dilemma: to pass out candy that was used to play Rummy Royal for hours on end or to not pass out candy that was used to play Rummy Royal for hours on end. I mean, I'm sure we all washed our hands. Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. We had a blast with you and Teej! We want to bring the fun of Rummy Royal down to Elkhart! And I say, pass out the candy...the kids won't know any different. Plus, it's in a wrapper and all the rest of the candy they receive on halloween will also have been previously handled by others trying to pick out the right candy from the bowl...ya know what I mean? You're just helping them build up their immune systems, hehehe =0)

    Love you guys, can't wait to see you again. Lets plan for a weekend in January for you to come see our new house!

    jessicashelner@google.com

    ReplyDelete