
I absolutely adore fall and every little thing that comes with it. Today Opie and I are curled up on the couch snuggling through a multitude of weather forecasts telling us to expect snow in the next few days.

Said forecasts are threatening to throw us into a state of panic, as we have decided its just way to soon for a repeat of this experience from last November:

We would rather pass on the winter weather forecasts in the middle of the fall. Nobody wants to see a pregnant lady forced to desperately chase her terror of a dog around the front yard in the snow any time soon, thankyouverymuch.
Despite the 30 and 40 degree weather we've been having that makes me want to don my Old Navy Velour suit 24/7 and curl up in the fetal position on the floor in front of our radiators, I have put my head down and powered through. We have actually been out in the world quite a bit this fall. We spent the weekend at my in-laws celebrating my MIL's 26th birthday, we've been hanging out with some good friends of ours, we've been debating whether or not to get the hiney vaccine, we've been carving pumpkins and lighting fall scented candles, we've been visiting my sister who just started a new crafty job, we've been tossing around baby names, I've been complaining because NONE of my pants fit anymore (hence the Old Navy Velour suit...if the velour suit is wrong, I don't want to be right), we've been arguing over whether or not it is appropriate to play Christmas music in the car on the way to church, and we've been scrambling to find the perfect gift for my mom's BIG b-day which is (ahem) today. More on that later. And by later I mean once I've finished this post, had a good snack, and then sat back down to post again. I have a very busy schedule.
In addition to the aforementioned activities, I have also been painstakingly working on my baby registry online in preparation for the holiday season. This will be the first year I ask Santa for a Chicco carseat instead of a fantastic outfit from GAP. I've been in the habit of giving Santa plenty of notice since the first Christmas I didn't get my Moon Boots. Because of the Moon Boot incident, I am forced to spend time online deciding between the orange Chicco travel system or the green Chicco travel system instead of getting the laundry done or doing the dishes. It really is a travesty.
I better get on with it. Like I mentioned, I have a snack to down before I post a tribute to Mom's big day. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment