Saturday, May 19, 2012

More Schwimmin'

Something about realizing how fragile life is makes each day so much sweeter.  I remember sitting in the hospital room the day after Jubilee's birthday, picturing coming home and playing with Newbie in the backyard.  His big blue eyes looked up at me from his place on the grass in my daydream, and I remember thinking to myself, Do you realize how much sweeter life is now?  Saying goodbye to my precious girl has helped me bend lower and lower in gratitude to God for now.  Life is sweeter now because I know so well that now doesn't last and that now is all we have.

I'm grateful for the lesson.

We're drinking deep of the now.  And it is so, so sweet!  Praising Jesus for today while slurping every last drop out of the bottom of the glass on these warm spring days and nights:

Post-toddler bedtime campfires with my man...and Opie. 
(He thinks I'm funny.)

A Friday afternoon enjoying the new swimming pool Aunt Corndog brought over for Newbie. Aunt Corndog rocks.
(He thought this pool was too awesome to wait 'til he got his swimsuit on...or his shoes off!)

A Saturday morning trip with Daddy-O to chop those darling curls for the summer.

Got my bald-headed baby boy back.

We spent this afternoon in our swimsuits in the backyard working on some sunburns in preparation for Florida.  (Oops!)  The Hubs and I sat in chairs on either side of the kiddie pool with our feet in the water (sans enough sunscreen) while Newbie (complete with rash guard down to his wrists and plenty of sunscreen) vacillated between dumping buckets of water on Opie and bobbing his head grinning from ear to ear as we fulfilled his request for the Veggie Tales theme song while splashing our feet in the water.   ...Then the "Woody song"....then the "Buzz song"....then the "Yightning McKeen song".  ...He's kinda got us where he wants us. =)

After an hour and a half outside, we asked Newbie if he was ready to go in and take a nap.  His answer? "More schwimmin'!"  And so we did....slurping every last drop, baby.


Happy Weekending Slurping!

No comments:

Post a Comment