Friday, July 30, 2010

Of naps and staycations

Today I am playing the "you don't have to nap if you don't want to" game.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry. Had to get it out of my system.

This week, ALL WEEK, Newbie has taken five to eight 30 minute naps. Its usually at least two hour and a half to two hour naps. But this week, it's been 30 minutes. That's it. 30 minutes. That's long enough for me to find out that Bella is going to face the Volturi, but not long enough for me to find out what Edward is going to do about it. Long enough for me to find 80 reasons why I'm insecure, but not long enough for Beth Moore to tell me how not to be. Every time I lay him down, I just get into a chapter in my book and he wakes up. Heaven knows I'll never bid farewell to my insecurities with Newbie only sleeping in 30 minute stints throughout the day. Beth Moore just keeps getting interrupted.

I took him to the doctor yesterday after debating the price of bringing him in only to have them tell me I'm a hypochondriac (a diagnosis I am already fully aware of) and there is nothing wrong with him. Turns out he did have a stomach bug last week (that explained those few epic diapers) and those suckers hang in there for a couple weeks with babies. Hence, the bad naps and crankiness this week. Poor guy. He's feeling better, just way off schedule now.

So we're rolling with the punches in the nap time department until this bug packs its bags and hits the road. I have told myself he's not going to nap at all. I have to psych myself out so I'm not bummed when I hear Newbie wake up after only 20 minutes of napping. Like a tall and Carolinian friend of the Hubs says, "set low expectations and you'll never be disappointed." Never thought I'd be able to relate to that one, but I'm willing to take it on as my motto in the nap time department this week.

To beat the lack-o-nap time blues, we hit up G-Mama's today for some relaxation and internet access. We may even hit the pool if the mood strikes.

Speaking of the pool, that is one of the many things on our agenda for next week. The Hubs has taken an entire week off of work for a family STAYcation. We're staying local and enjoying time together with our little man for a full 9 days, and I can't wait! We've got a whole dorky list made up of all our vacation hopes and dreams including, but not limited to, a trip to the lake, a trip to the local splash pad, a picnic in the park, a beach day, a movie night, and a fishing trip. So fun. I am really looking forward to having both of my boys around all week.

In other news, I realize Opie has not made the headlines around here in a while. Let me take a moment to say that he is doing exceptionally well after binging on ranch dressing last night. The sneaky stinker hopped up to the table and snagged a good 2 to 9 tablespoons of ranch off the Hubs' dinner plate. He was so stealth about it- we wouldn't have even known if it wasn't for the splatters of evidence all over his eyes and ears following the crime. What. A. Hoser.

Don't look now, but Newbie's eyes are s-l-o-w-l-y closing in the swing next to me. We may just have a napper, folks!

I'll be back later today with pictures...I'm a little low on inventory today because I have been so busy trying to read while Newbie doesn't nap and all. So I'll get on it this afternoon and hollah back later with some new pics.

I wish you and yours good naps and lots of reading time today. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment