Friday, July 16, 2010

We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

My life has changed. This morning my baby rolled over. With fervor.

And visions of him rolling his roly poly self all throughout my house hit me like a brick wall.

No more lying on his back in his bassinet while mama gets ready.

No more running to the kitchen for hummus while he lies on his mat cooing at all his rowdy friends.

No more letting him chill out in the middle of my bed while I put away laundry. Actually, while I pretend to put away laundry and instead watch tv.

We're not in Kansas anymore. From here on out, this guy is mobile. Sure, a slow, rolling kind of mobile, but mobile nonetheless. Have mercy.

I woke up this morning to Newbie's usual morning banter coming from the bassinet, but when I popped my head over the edge of his bed, I saw he was doing a face plant into the sheet with his belly facing upright...then he took a deep breath, whipped his right leg over his left and rolled right onto his belly. I snapped a pic with my high-quality cell phone camera to document his new talent:

We might just take this show on the road, folks.

Newbie was three months old on Wednesday, and I totally have a 3 month post, but I forgot my pictures (why am I losing my mind?!?) and I want to wait to post until I have the pics because a happy three month post just wouldn't be the same without my lame-O photography skills put on display.

In other news, you know what is great? When your son thinks you are the funniest thing ever. It is such an ego booster. I am just sayin'. I get laughs complete with bubbles and a really slobbery smile...this boy loves his mama's jokes.

He also loves slip-ons. And when I say "he loves slip-ons," I mean I love them. At least that's what we called them when we were kids...the shoes that look like tennis shoes but have no laces and look like they belong on a beach bum. He loves them. Shout out to the jellies and harachis of my childhood, because they were on the same level as slip-ons in my book. Jellies, harachis, and slip-ons...Pure shoe infatuation. Newbie sported a pair of whale slip-ons at the park last week, and today he has on some adorable surfer ones. I wonder how long my son will let me dress him in adorable shoes?

Speaking of adorable shoes, I have never been more excited about picking out my shoes than I have been this week when I found out the Hubs and I are on for a double date night. OH MY WORD. A DATE NIGHT?!?!?! Complete with dinner and a movie and dessert first with friends?!?! I haven't spent so much time planning an outfit since I was in high school and thought you couldn't repeat the same outfit more than once in a month. What would I have thought of myself if I knew then that the summer of 2010 would consist of the same pair of black shorts and one of three tank tops every day? Sorrowful. I am so happy to have a reason to do my hair and make-up tonight, I can't hardly stand it. And Cold Stone is involved. Tonight's gonna be a good night. (Please sing that Black Eyed Peas style and bob your head when you read that, because that's the way I hear it in my head.)

Yes, tonight's gonna be a good night. You just can't go wrong with dinner and a movie with a stud of a hubs and some good friends. Especially when that dinner is at On the Border and involves some seriously good Mexican food. Or as good as you can get up here in the North. It's no La Margarita of San Antonio, Texas, but we'll take it, on account of I'm a new mama and will do anything to get out of the house and eat some refried beans, no matter how unauthentic.

I'd also like to add that I love me some flour tortillas. I will eat them with butter and cinnamon or wrapped around a hot dog. Oh my gosh. Has a hot dog ever tasted better? No. It has not.

Why am I blogging about tortillas when I haven't blogged in a week?

I do have something of significance to share. This week I started a Beth Moore Bible study and I LOVE it. It's just a couple hours on Monday nights, and I'm not saying this is the only reason I went, but they served root beer floats. At Bible study. It was a good time. And Beth Moore is such a champ. I started reading my mom's copy of her new book, So Long Insecurity, You've Been a Bad Friend to Us this morning, and after 5 minutes had to call my mom and ask her if it was OK if I wrote all over it because it is just so good. And Beth Moore is so funny. The intro involved shooting rattlesnakes and praising the Lord. That right there is like a tortilla hot dog, my friends; it just doesn't get any better than that. I can't wait for next Monday night.

I guess I should get back to business. Meaning I need to go visit the closet and finalize my outfit plan for this evening and then hit up the fridge for a guilt-free, Jillian Micheals approved snack to munch on while I catch up on The Bachelorette. Yes, I have a very pressing summer schedule.

Oh, and here's another pic I found on my phone...I'm feeling guilty for not posting more pics lately. I promise I'll be back soon with some photographic evidence of recent happenings in our neck of the woods. Until then, or-voo-wah! That was suppose to be that French word that means something like "goodbye".

No comments:

Post a Comment