Friday, July 23, 2010

Rainy with a high of one million

It is a pleasant 1,876 balmy degrees and raining outside, so Newbie and I high-tailed it to some central air conditioning today. You know, so we could cool off...and catch up on The Bachelorette. Priorities.

It feels like Texas today, and I give a big pat-on-the-back to all of you living below the north because I just don't know how you do it. Or how I did it. I just remember a lot of swimsuits and sprinklers when I was a kid. A little Koolaid never hurt, either. I don't think humans were made for this kind of heat. Then I remember there are people living in the desert. And I wonder what they do with their too-hot cranky babies all year?

Speaking of Koolaid, did anyone see Regis and Kelly dye their hair with Koolaid yesterday? Am I the only one that seriously questioned the judgement involved in that move? Somebody is for sure going to come out looking like a grape popsicle. I'm just saying.

Anyway, I can already tell there will be a lot of this today:

Partially because it is too hot to breathe, and partially because Newbie isn't a big fan of The Bachelorette anyway and will probably opt to sleep in order to get out of having to take part in my marathon today.

Question: Does this make me a dork?

Question: Does the fact that I love it and don't care if it's dorky make me a super dork?

The Hubs would say hands-down DORK. But he also thinks I'm a nut case for watching The Bachelorette and for eating Lucky Charms while watching Losing it with Jillian Micheals, so he's clearly not the most accurate source of judgement. Clearly.

On another note, tonight I've got a girls' night with these sweet little ladies, and I just can't wait.

I'm thinking beauty shop and some serious Barbie time since the boys in my house aren't big fans of either and a girl needs her fix. I'm still mourning the fact that Newbie will never be able to appreciate the sheer joy of The American Girl Place in Chicago. *tear*

Our double date night last week was a blast- we had a ball. Enjoying a beef enchilada sans performing a baby diaper change was a much needed indulgence. But I did miss my little man by the time it was all said and done, and I was so happy to see his sweet face when we got home. Pictures to come if I can ever download them or haul myself to the store to burn them to a disc.

Well, duty calls...several episodes need watching and there's some lemonade in the fridge that needs drinking. I wish you all a happy and air-conditioned weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I must be over the top super dorky because I really want one of those window decals. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it as a shower gift from my MIL, but I have seen them in all their glory at Babies R Us =)

    ReplyDelete