Sunday, July 11, 2010

you had me at "blog"

It's turns out my life is not complete without my blog.

And my life has been incomplete.

We have been without computer access for far too long, and I'm having to make do by ransacking my mother's computer every few days just to verify that we still exist.

I just popped in my photo chip thing to upload pictures of the past few weeks only to find 679 photos. SIX HUNDRED AND SEVENTY NINE. I'm kinda banking on the line of thought that Mom wouldn't be too happy with 679 pictures on her computer, so I had to control myself and only upload 97.

I am sorry for your loss.

But I promise to make up for it as soon as my computer gets up and running again.

In the meantime, here is the past three weeks in a nutshell with no particular order or cohesiveness or sense at all:

*I saw Eclipse today with my mom. Can you back the camera up, like, 20 feet so I don't have to keep looking at vampire and werewolf nose hair? Please and thank you.

*My baby is wearing 6 month clothing. SIX MONTH. And he is in the 90th percentile for height and weight. Holey frijoles, we have a whopper on our hands, folks.

*Speaking of a whopper, we went fishing with L&J and their little kiddo Friday night. Newbie had a blast with his little buddy, J Jr., and even met his first fish. It was a small fish. And a slimy one.

*We spent 4th of July weekend at the cutest cottage ever. I never wanted to leave.

*Why does it smell like vinegar in here? Just saying.

*Opie ate sand at the cottage. A LOT of sand. Sand is not easy on the canine digestive track. Somebody get this dog some Activia (please sing that out loud like in the commercial when you read it, because that's the way I hear it in my head when I write it: "Activiaaaa.") That's all I have to say about that.

*This past Saturday my little fam attended a reunion picnic for the summer day camp/day care I used to work at. It was a blast, and I brought watermelon.

*I love gold metallic flip-flops.

*Newbie is talking a lot now. And he's getting better at screaming.

*I still love Oreo Blizzards, but have vowed to have only one more for the summer. I have a Blizzard frequency card that I have filled up. When I realized I had eaten so many that I earned myself a free one, I decided it was time for an intervention. Because for crying out loud, NOTE TO SELF: YOU HAD THIS BABY THREE MONTHS AGO STOP EATING ICE CREAM.

*I miss you. I miss the blog world like I'm going to miss Oreo Blizzards for the unforeseen amount of time between now and the next time I get pregnant so I have an excuse to eat them again. *Tear*

*It is hot here. Like, mega-watt hot. There are not enough air conditioning window units in the world to cool our house down. Ugg.

*We went to church today for the first time in forever due to being out of town and having a newborn and all. It was so nice to be back. I missed church even more than I missed blogging, and that's a whole stinking lot.

*Opie is still a moron. I just thought I'd throw that one in here so there's no confusion. He has, however, managed to loose all of the weight he gained this winter...which begs the question, "what does that make me???"

Here are a few more pics of our stay at the cottage and one of Newbie on his first fishing adventure...he hit the high seas in his stroller. All the cool kids are doing it.








No comments:

Post a Comment