Thursday, November 3, 2011

Moving Buddy

Well, this is happening:
Yesterday we signed the dotted line after considering the results of the inspection on our house, telling the buyers that yes, we will sell them this house for a penny, and sure, go ahead and take the kitchen island and all our curtains, and wait- are you sure you don't want our first born child as well???

This whole selling your house when the market is down thing is not for the faint of heart.  I will spend more than one night mourning the loss of Newbie's stellar light-blocking bay window drapes.I've fantasized about our resident squirrel finally digging his way through the plaster in the bedroom after the new owners move in and squeaking out a "YOU KNOW WHY!" with his fist in the air, just to get even on the curtains.  Then I tell myself talking squirrels burrowing through a wall in the bedroom is a horrible thought to wish on anyone, but I smile a little anyway because those curtains are my favorite.

YOU KNOW WHY.

ha.

Anyway, we have to have our bags (and everything else) packed up and out of here by November 15.  We have a few fudge days in there, but our hope is to get out as close to our closing date as possible.  Which means me and my moving buddy busted out the boxes today and got for real on this joint.  Every time I emptied a wall of picture frames, I turned around and there was another wall full of them.  We've got four huge boxes filled already, and that was just the living room walls.  Yikes.  It is going to be a long and busy couple of weeks around here.
You might be wondering where my family circus is headed to once we wave bon voyage to this, our first little home.  That's a fabulous question.  When you figure it out, please let me know.
We are still looking for a house, and in the meantime, we are moving over to my parents' now-not-so-empty nest.  We're hoping to find something soon, but the market is slowing down and there are not a whole lotta fish in the sea right now.  Our hope is to move out of the city (we live very much in the city right now) and closer to our family.  We'd like a little room to breathe and space for Opie to run and run and run and run and run. We think once we turn the corner on 2012, the menu will fill up and we'll have some more options. Opie's coming along to stay at G-Mama and Grandad's, so for the sake of their sanity, we are really rooting for a variety of houses to pop up for sale soon!

Before we started packing this morning, we ran a few errands with the Hubs.  After stopping for some coffee and a snack, I reached back to Newbie's carseat with a little bite of a cinnamon roll for him.  He reached up, took it and I KID YOU NOT said, "tank too, Ma Ma."  WHAT??!  Newbie's first full sentence was, "Thank you, Momma".  What. a. star.  The Hubs looked at me, and we were both dumbfounded.  We've been working for weeks on getting Newbie to say "thank you" and had barely been able to get him to use the baby sign for "thank you", much less actually get him to say it.  Turns out that persistence paid off.  We've got a charmer on our hands, folks.

"Tank too, Ma Ma."

You can bet your bottom dollar that kid got another bite of the cinnamon roll.

I'm off to take a snoozer with Newbie.  All of this packing is hard work, and I think it calls for a few pieces of Halloween candy and a good afternoon nap.

Have a happy Thursday!
 
(This is clearly a brilliant idea.He did this to himself, man. When you're a little boy, sometimes you just gotta do some box diving.)

1 comment:

  1. TOOOO CUTE! LOVE the way he said "thank you, Mama!" AAAAAH! Those precious moments our babies bring us. LOVE! CONGRATS on it being official! SO happy for you! I'm a little sad that your house will be no more, because it honestly is the coziest house I know here, but I'll be looking forward to see the next house you make cozy again! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete