Monday, September 24, 2012

Of another run and gypsies

I went for another run today, and I have never been more excited to be interrupted.  Someone hollered at me from a driveway halfway through my run.  She caught me on the front end of my run which is the only reason I can fathom why she shouted, "You're inspiring me!" The front end of the run always looks better than the back end because you're not yet being pulled by the jogger stroller- at the beginning it still looks like you are in control.  When I heard her I yelled back "don't be too inspired- its only my third run in four months! [huff, puff, huff, puff]" and then upon further scrutiny, I realized she looked familiar, and I stopped to tell her so.

Which was awesome because we spent ten minutes figuring out how we knew each other (from a long term sub job three years ago) and that was ten minutes off my run that I couldn't get back because I had to make lunch and get Newbie down for a nap.

So like I said, don't be too inspired. =)

But a twenty minute run is longer than a zero minute run, so I'm counting it as progress.  At one point during the run, when I was feeling particularly gumpy and sluggish, I remembered that quote from Pinterest that says, "no matter how slow you're running, you're still going faster than everyone on the couch" and I was all "HECK YES I AM!" and that got me through the last leg of the endeavor and also justified the numerous hours I've spent on Pinterest.  So overall, even cut 10 minutes short, it was a complete win.

***
We had a turn-normal-upside-down weekend: the Hubs spent the weekend on a trip with his dad and uncle up north while Newbie and I spent the weekend as gypsy children.  We spent Friday night with my MIL, Saturday at the mall, and Saturday night at my parents'.  We had a lot of fun family time, but we were happy to be under our own roof with the man of the house again last night.  We had a snuggly evening together, and the little man was the Hubs' constant shadow.  I think he missed his daddy more than just a little bit.

(After dinner I caught them flipping through Cabela's catalogs together- ha!)

Today I find myself on some kind of nesting bender.  I leave for the Love and Loss conference soon (hooray!) and I'm working like mad to get meals planned and laundry done and projects finished before I leave. Going out of town sure makes me productive... maybe I should try it more often. =)

Here's wishing you a snuggly fall Monday!

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness! Your description of your run interruption had me in stitches! I love it when you make me laugh! You're so good! And GOOD FOR YOU with the running! Way to go! And HOW CUTE that they were browsing the Cabela's catalog together!? Such a priceless photo!

    ReplyDelete