Thank God for new days!
We were a little too lazy to pull this off today, but Lord willing, tomorrow will be another new day, and I have a hunch it will be a good day for some pumpkin pancakes. =)
I've had a few friends request this recipe lately because it is fall and this sucker is the beez kneez. My mom made these for me before I left for college, and I've been making them since I moved out of the house. When the Hubs spies them on the griddle he goes weak in the knees. If there's bacon in the microwave, the man's done gone. The Hubs loves him some bacon and pumpkin pancakes. Newbie's a big fan too. If I were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one thing with me, I'd bring pumpkin pancakes. Maybe not really. But, then again, maybe.
You just can't go wrong with this recipe.
I'm sorry to say I'm not sure where it originated so I can't give credit where credit is due. My apologies to the pumpkin genius out there who invented this autumn bombshell.
Here she blows in all her glory: you'resoverywelcome!
Pumpkin Pancakes
2 cups Bisquick
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
1/2 cup solid packed pumpkin
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil (I use olive)
2 eggs (Remember you can use 1 Tablespoon flax meal and 3 Tablespoons water as an egg substitute!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Wear a cute apron over your pajamas.
Light an autumn candle.
Make the coffee. (Let yourself have cream this time if you're on the Bob Harper Skinny Rules plan and have been depriving yourself for the past month. Today warrants cream. I won't tell him if you don't.)
Whisk all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Pour onto griddle in 1/4 cup plops.
Cook through, then flip.
Serve topped with Cool Whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Tastes best on Saturday mornings. Just saying. The Hubs would like to add that bacon completes the meal, but I'd argue that bacon just completes the Hubs and that the pancakes can stand alone in radiance. Tomato, tomahhhhto.
Here's where I try and dig through the archives to find a picture of these pancakes I'm raving about. And I totally can't find any pictures because we've switched computers and I'm incompetent. Which is an absolute buzz kill since I'm posting the recipe.
Instead I found some gems from Newbie's first fall. And I'm his momma, so there's no way I can end this post without sharing them. They aren't pumpkin pancakes, but they are equally delicious!

(Babies in diapers on Saturday mornings are the rolliest polliest delight! If you've got 'em, squeeze 'em!)

(I want to pinch those cheeks. I just pinched the two year old version of them to satisfy the urge. He was less than impressed.)

(Oh my gosh. Chubby baby dressed like a puppy and eating leaves? I'm gone.)

(Newbie: "Yook at me! Yook at me, I'm wight dere. I'm wearing a bang-bang ducks shirt!")
Go make you and yours some pancakes, and Happy Weekending!
No comments:
Post a Comment