Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Of pumpkins and nutmeg and making it count

My home team is making every day a Jubilee day.  Its kind of been our thing since sometime last November, and we perfected it with an Oreo party last February. Its a good time and comes highly recommended by my people. =)

Lately, we've been shouting for joy and making each moment count while we welcome fall:

Football afternoons with Daddy-O...

(They take their football very seriously.)

A pumpkin-studded trip to the gardens this weekend...




(Apparently I already embarrass him...)


(More evidence to file under the embarrassment theory...."enough with the pictures already, Mom!"

Baking pumpkin bread with my sidekick this morning...


(We took these pictures with the remote detonator.  Maybe that's not the real name, but its a remote with one button and it snaps the camera...it feels awfully fancy!  Can you spy the master clicker in this photo? Pssst....its in Newbie's hand.)

(Check out the notch above my eye- the glue came off (tmi alert!), and it already looks sooooo much better than last week!)

(ta-dah!)

And some post-nap outside fun before the autumn rain sent us running inside today...


(Somebody's still a yiddle schweepy!)
(Did you think Opie went off to greener pastures?  He hasn't made a cameo in a while, but he's still very much here!)


Now we're snuggled up in sweatshirts on the couch, Newbie looking over my shoulder, leaning into my arm and making it ridiculously difficult to type while he points and requests that I replay "Winnie the Pooh" by Zooey Deschanel in iTunes in between exclaiming, "yook at me!  I a yiddle baby!" with every picture I pull up to upload.  Lots of "ut dat?" (translation: what's that?) sprinkled in there too...along with the recent declaration: "I need a moo-bee on the tee bee now, Mom."   Uh, not happening.

I lied. Not about the TV, but about the "on the couch".  We're back outside now because the rain has stopped and a little boy wasn't too keen on entertaining himself while Momma finishes her blog post. =)  Sometimes I let "outside" do the work for me...little boys never get tired of the dirt!

Lest you think our Jubilee days are all baking and playing and drinking up every last drop, here's the truth: while I love to make every moment count and find joy in everything, there are always the moments that slip through the cracks, and the home team has far from perfected this new way of living. I'm still wrestling to get a blog post up in the busy of the day, and currently there's no dinner in the oven and the laundry isn't done and I'm not sure if the brown clods I see Newbie carrying in his hands are rocks or.....something else. (eish) Just thought I'd keep it real amidst the flattering snippets of everyday life I shared above.  It ain't all pumpkins and nutmeg, folks! ;)

Good news: I just got a close up and I can confirm that they were indeed rocks.  Phew.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go on backyard patrol because a little curious George is up to no good with the empty fire pit.  I won't tell his daddy if you won't.

Happy Tuesday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment