
I love those blue eyes.
You know what I don't love? Chet and the vendetta he's had against us ever since the Hubs locked him out of the hole in the wall a couple months ago. Chet the squirrel has unleashed a rebel gang of bats on us.
That's right.
A rebel gang of bats.
There I was, lying in bed a couple nights ago, fading fast, when I heard the Hubs' muffled voice coming from downstairs telling me to close the bedroom door. Waking out of a sleepy fog, I yelled downstairs asking why. Because hell hath no fury like a nap-deprived mama awakened before 7 AM for no good reason. Then he yelled the words no woman ever wants to hear: "THERE'S A BAT!"
That's when I wet my pants.
And started crying.
I slammed the door shut and jammed a shirt in the crack above the door, then proceeded to stuff pillows at the base of the door. You know, just in case the bat decided to attempt an army crawl under the door and into my bedroom.
Much slamming and banging commenced downstairs.
Newbie snoozed in his bassinet in our room while my legs turned to jelly and I hyperventilated, wincing at every crash I heard downstairs.
Finally the Hubs called up with the "all clear".
I started breathing again.
He came up and told me the whole gruesome story about how it dive-bombed him when he went downstairs to lock the door, and how he stayed below the level of the kitchen counter so the sucker's sonar couldn't find him, and how he used my Tupperware to scoop it out of the house after whacking it down with a fishing net. Then he told me about how the bat gave him the bird and said Chet sent him as the Hubs slammed the door in his face.
Two things:
1) I knew kicking that stupid squirrel out of the wall would come back to haunt us.
2) I find it a little disturbing that the Hubs didn't end the life of the little fiend when he had the chance. I mean, a bat with that kind of attitude has got to be bad news, and I don't know what I'm going to do if he decides to show up when I am sans a tough husband. That's probably when I will lock Newbie and myself in a closet, curl up in the fetal position and just bawl my eyes out.
Have mercy.
Speaking of lots of fun, the Hubs and I had a date night last night. He took me fishing in the dark out in the woods where he grew up. I am not the biggest fan of mosquitoes or shady places out in the woods at night, but we had a blast. I almost caught a whopper, but I lost him due to my lack of "wrist action" when "setting the hook." At least that is the Hubs' assessment. Better luck next time.
Well,I'd love to keep babbling on, but we've signed up for a night of family fun in which we are forced to eat junk food and watch a movie. It's a hard knock life. I certainly hope your evening is less stressful than mine. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment