I turned the big Two-Five yesterday, and it has been a fun week of celebrations with family and friends involving not one, but TWO trips to Panera and the mall. I made out like a bandit with all kinds of clothes for fall all of which sport an elastic-free waist band- yeehaw! Thank you to my MIL and FIL for an awesome birthday shopping spree and to my bestie for such a fun day browsing all the clothes we can't afford but would sure look great in. =)
Last night the Hubs treated me to a surprise birthday picnic at the park followed by a hearty helping of chocolate ice cream at the local ice cream shop.


Newbie is always more interested in the ice cream than the camera.
The Hubs topped off the evening by giving me the best slew of gifts a girl could dream of. He spent the week hammering away in his garage making an adorable clippy thing I have been asking him for forever AND he is sending me on a trip to Chicago with my bestie with a pocket full of shopping moola. So fun! I was absolutely spoiled. Did I mention he made me fish sticks and mac & cheese for dinner??? He did. And it is my favorite. (I am such a gourmet.)
God has been so good to me this year. I couldn't help but swoon all over my favorite birthday gift of all yesterday...I just can't get enough of this little guy. (Scroll down to the bottom of the blog to pause or mute the music so you can hear the video...ya know, if you're up for four minutes of baby talk.)
You know you are a first time mom when you think a few giggles and a coo or two warrants posting a four minute video on the blog. But seriously, I could listen to him coo at me all day long!
After I snapped that video, Newbie had a little nap party. A nap just isn't a nap without all of his buddies.

The gang's all here! Henry, Spunky, and Frogger joined the fun before Newbie went down for a two hour nap- his very own birthday gift to Mama. Woohoo!

The birthday fun continues this weekend...tonight we're having a few good friends and their kiddos over for pizzas on the grill, and tomorrow night is the b-day celebration with my parents. Gotta love milking the birthday for all it's worth!
No comments:
Post a Comment