Saturday, August 21, 2010

Now I can be like Cinderella's little mice!

Tonight we hung out at G-Mama and G-Daddy's for my birthday dinner.



After some good snuggles with Newbie, we busted out the chicken fried steak and chocolate cake feast. I will be paying for that for weeks to come. Nothing like some good home cooking to make you really second guess your decision to hate running.


THEN we opened presents.

You. will. not. believe. what. i. got. for. my. birthday.

[insert drum roll]

A SEWING MACHINE!!!!

[commence breathing into a paper bag]

I am so excited!!!

Now, don't be fooled. I am no seamstress. I know, hard to believe. But I was a big fan of sewing class in high school, where I became good friends with my seam ripper. As did my grandmother when she spent a good eight hours with my seam ripper and a quilt I "made" my senior year of high school. I don't know how I ended up getting the credit for that quilt when it was my grandmother's sweat and tears that made the thing presentable. While the quilt might have been a disaster, I am happy to report I am wearing the pajama pants I made in Sewing 101 to bed tonight. Six years and those puppies are still going strong.

Tomorrow my mom and I are headed out to make some JoAnn's Fabrics stock holders very happy. There is fabric to buy and needles to thread! I just can't wait. I think I'm going to open an Etsy shop for my sewing projects called "Imperfections by Me"...cuz if it's perfect, it ain't something I sewed. I like to think that my lack of attention to detail and my "cutting corners to hurry up and get this sucker done" approach adds character to the things I make. My tactics aren't for everyone, but I've got a pair of pajama pants that would be happy to put in a good word for me.

As the Hubs said so eloquently, "Now you can be like Cinderella's little mice!"

Gosh, I love that man. And yes, yes, now I can be like Cinderella's little mice.

Thanks to G-Mama, G-Daddy, Corndog and her hubby and Mutte and GD for making all my dreams of becoming a domestic seamstress come true!!!

And for the record, my sister was responsible for all the b-day pictures...this is what happens when she gets a hold of the camera.

Sorry, Corndog...payback is rooough!

No comments:

Post a Comment