Today I am going to the dentist.
And I am suffering through the pre-dentist jitters when I feel the urge to scrub my teeth with steel wool and guzzle Scope before my appointment so I can befriend the dental hygienist with my cleanliness, avoid any unnecessary pokes, and get a sticker when I leave.
The dentist freaks me out, man.
If they could jack me up on Novocaine each time I went in, I would take it.
It's all a result of a wisdom-tooth extract gone wrong and the unfortunate dislodging of one of my stitches in the middle of a conversation with a parent of one of my campers back in the day when I was a day camp counselor.
It was all downhill from there.
I haven't been a fan of going to the dentist since.
Plus they exchanged their grape toothpaste for cookie dough. Cookie dough? Are you kidding me?
Unfortunately, there is no avoiding it today because I haven't been able to eat Nacho Cheese Doritos for a year due to a sore tooth that needs some serious investigating and probably a pretty penny's worth of dental work.
I have to leave in a few, but in the meantime, Newbie and I are going to bust out a few Carlton dance moves with Jason Mraz and see if that can't calm my nerves.
I wish you all a cavity-free afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment