Though you started off a little early, you redeemed yourself with a mid-morning nap for Newbie and I. Thank you.
And I have to say I was discouraged by the gloomy weather outside until I realized a rainy day is the perfect excuse to bake some peanut butter cookies.
Thankyouverymuch,
Me
*****
Dear Peanut Butter Cookies,
I love you.
Yours truly,
Me
*****
Dear Self,
You rock for taking out the trash and the recycling in the Hubs' absence today. Because you know what? That was seriously disgusting, and you dominated that three-days-over-due garbage bag. Rock on, sister.
xoxo,
Me
PS- You DOMINATED that late-night-diaper-oh-crud-we-are-out-of-wipes situation. Operation Midnight Stink Bomb Sans Adequit Hygienic Tools: Accomplished.
*****
Dear Women Who Take Out the Trash on a Regular Basis,
I salute you.
That is one nasty job, and you, my friends, are awesome.
Admirably,
Me
*****
Dear Gymboree,
Thanks so much for the awesomesauce sale last week. I have had my eyes on the marlin swim set for three months now, but I've been holding out for such a sale as this. Newbie's seven dollar swim trunks and rash guard came in the mail today, and they are exactly what I have wanted since February...and less than half the price!
Happily,
Me
*****
Dear Aunt Corndog,
You saved the day with the buggy ice pack you gave to Newbie several months ago. We busted it out for the first time today after he took a spill on the stairs and sliced his bottom lip on his (two!) front teeth. It was no fun to see blood pooling in his little mouth while he wailed and wailed. The cute ice pack, however, did offer some comfort (and kinda gave me the creeps).
Before long he was back at it chasing Opie...
...and even returning to the scene of the crime to finish what he started: putting Opie's toy up on the steps where his furry friend can't reach.
xoxo,
Me
*****
Dear Hubs,
How do you feel about me digging through your scrap wood pile this afternoon and man-handling the cordless drill all in the name of cute Do-It-Yourself home decor?
Get back to me asap. Because that's happening.
love love love,
Me
*****
Dear Dairy Queen,
It's been a long day. Do you deliver?
Regards,
Your Biggest Fan
*****
Dear Potential Home Buyers,
Stop holding out on us. Why don't you mosey on over here and buy this humble abode already? She's a beaut! We'll even throw in a complementary puggle. Serious.
Still Waiting,
Me
*****
Dear Opie,
I was totally kidding about selling you with the house. Still, the break-the-huge-glass-lampshade scenario? Not cool, man. Totally not cool. If you had pose-able thumbs I would have made you vacuum all the shrapnel. Instead it was me. And it took two days. And it was not a good time.
You lucky stiff. You got out of the aftermath this time...but don't think you're not mopping up the next unfortunate "accident" in the kitchen should you choose to forgo the outside restrooms again any time soon. Because I am not doing that again.
I love you. Really.
Me
*****
Dear Mom,
When is school out? I miss having you to play with every day. It's been 9 months already. Let's get on with it. The beach is calling our name.
Bored and lonesome at nap time,
Me
*****
Dear Vacation,
How many more sleep-agains until you are mine?
I miss you. I want you. I need you.
Longingly,
Me
*****
Dear Readers,
You rock my socks off.
Remember when that was cool to say? Yeah, I still say it. I also still say "hankerin'," and I have a feeling that one dates back to the stone age. Or maybe that one never even hit the cool status. Regardless, I like to rock it out every once in a while anyway because
I hope you have a dandy
Signing off,
Me
*****



MY what a day you've had! Love the Guernsey (I think I spelled that wrong!) letter format! :) Did you bust out any of the vases? I'm with you... LOVE using those cordless drills! DaNg! SO. MUCH. FUN!
ReplyDeleteLove this! :) I have a hankerin' for a catch up phone convo with my favorite Southern Belle! I will give you a call between packing boxes this weekend. I am sympathizing with you and your mama... 15 more days until our summer! Love you girl!
ReplyDelete