Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cider, Crafts, and Crocodiles, Oh My!

There's a lot of things in life that I love, and Girls' Night is definitely one of them.  Last night a few ladies came over to bust out some crafts, laugh 'til our eyes watered, and eat all kinds of fall yummies.  I am so thankful for the incredible girlfriends God has placed in my life, and I love it when I ask the Hubs for a Girls' Night and he always, always says: "Go for it!"  I think my man knows Girls' Night is good for the soul.  He took our little man out on the town and then brought him back home and tucked him into bed while I hung out with the girls downstairs.  No question: the Hubs is a keeper! =) 

We had a ball and promised to do it again soon.  I love when Girls' Nights end with do-it-again-soon's. 
(Dontcha wish I could have figured out how to turn that mason jar-o-lantern right side up?  Yeah, me too.)

Our fun Friday poured into a Saturday morning that started with pumpkin pancakes and tumbled into a trip to the zoo.  We loaded up the lunch box, the diaper bag, and the wagon, then hit the road.  Newbie has been to the zoo several times in the past, but this was the first time we've been together as a family.  He came to the zoo with me a lot lot lot last summer while we planned Aunt Corndog's zoo wedding, and he's been with his Aunt Corndog and Uncle J because his aunt and uncle rock, but he'd never been with Momma and Daddy-O just for funsies. Today we made it happen.
You might be wondering why Newbie's got some face furniture. Right before we left the house, Newbie took a right hook shot from Opie, which landed him in a rad Lightening McQueen Bandaid just in time for the 114 pictures Momma took of him at the zoo. Total buzz kill.  But the good news is, Little Man rocked that Bandaid and took it like a stud.   He's such a tough guy; he just punched out a few tears before saddling up in the wagon and heading out for the zoo.  I'm telling you, the man would not even accept the ice cold help of the Boo Boo Bunny who's been living in the freezer for the past year.  Like I said: STUD.
We spent the morning checking out the petting zoo then had lunch and explored the aquarium and the monkeys and bears and lions.
 
(He went scrambling back to cling to his daddy's leg when the big wave came through the tide pool...I love that his daddy makes him feel safe.  His daddy makes me feel safe too. Number 465,343,328 why I love my man.)
Turns out there's a reason why zoo admission is cheaper in October...half the animals are MIA, a lonely "Seasonal Exhibit- See you next year!" hanging from the cage where cute little Lemurs or boingy Wallabies should be.  Ah, well.  Its the money we saved on the Lemurs and Wallabies that bought Momma and Daddy a package of Snickers and Candy Corn tonight.  Totally WORTH IT.

Tonight I'm plowing through the early Halloween candy while the Hubs is catching the Tigers vs. Rangers game after jimmy-rigging our rabbit ear antenna outside a downstairs window with- I KID YOU NOT- duct tape. No doubt about it: we are classy with a capital "C". 

Hope y'all are enjoying your weekend and have a blessed Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Your little family always looks like you all have so much fun :) are you enjoying What Women Fear?

    ReplyDelete