This weekend G-Mama and I took Newbie to get pumpkins from the best pumpkin stand ever.
Yep. Read 'em and weep: pumpkins 25 cents a pop, baby.
They just don't make pumpkin stands like they used to...except at this little stop tucked away deep down in the boonies beyond several winding roads and cornfields. But its totally worth the drive, as my mom and I decided last year. Because you just can't get a decent sized pumpkin for 25 cents anywhere else.
And the corn stalks? 50 cents. I. am. not. kidding.
Its like this little old farm was made for a woman on a budget knee-deep in a fall decorating frenzy. Aka: me.
Last year my mom and I stopped by the same place and snapped some pictures of Newbie on the pumpkin cart:
And this year we did the same thing:

What a big boy!

I can't believe how quickly my little guy sprung up from a roly poly baby into a wobbly wiggly toddler. I think its safe to say that while I'm not sure where the time went, I have enjoyed every minute of it!
In addition to pumpkin gathering, we also made time to Skype Mutte and Great Grandad on Saturday. I'm not sure how it took me so long to jump on the video-chat train, but we grabbed a ticket a few weeks ago, and its a great ride. I love that Newbie gets to see his great grandparents on the computer screen and that he gets to talk with them too! He saw a clock hanging on Mutte's wall and started clucking his tongue like the tick-tock, tick-tock of the clock...it is such fun to watch him show off his tricks for the camera!
(Of course, Newbie had to sport his Texas Longhorn hoodie for our Skype date with Mutte and GD! Hook 'em horns!)
Speaking of fun, Aunt Corndog and Uncle J were out of town on Saturday and came back yesterday with a special something for Newbie:

I love out-of-town souvenirs, especially when they are handmade and wool and involve pom poms and Elmo. Newbie does too. He was so excited about his "Melmo" hat, but when we stopped to take a picture, he pointed to something on the table he must have thought was a necessary accessory to his outfit...

("Melmo...Melmo....Meelllmmmoooo)
Ah ha! That's better!
And when he had his Elmo slippers in hand, suddenly all was right in his world.
Would now be a good time to tell you that before I had kids I was SO convinced I'd never let them wear corny cartoon character stuff? I am such a sell out. But I can't help it- he just loves them so much. Who wants a boring pair of slippers when you could have Melmo slippers? Or a boring hat when you could have a pom pom the size of a donut hole sticking out beneath two Elmo eyes? I can't deny him all the fun that comes with wearing a favorite, so I am proud to say we are all about the Melmo accessories over here. Also Lightening McQueen, and Curious George and Clifford. All our homies are fair game.
You know what else we are all about? The poofy vest. I could have just eaten this boy up with a spoon before church on Sunday:
A marshmallow puffy vest makes a cute toddler about a thousand times cuter. Who would have thought it was even possible? (Hi, Opie!)
I think that just about does it for the weekend recap. I'm out of pictures and out of words and out of brain power now that the clock says its past my bedtime.
Hope your week is off to a great start!

Adios!
I am SO with you on the character stuff. I hated it. And would only let him wear it to bed. And now if I find a spiderman tee at a garage sale, you better bet I'm racing other mommas to the table to snag it. And yes, he's worn them to preschool. Along with his thomas the train tennis shoes. Yup. I'm that mom.
ReplyDeleteohhh my, i can't believe how big he looks compared to last year! and although i don't like character stuff, i do think that elmo hat is adorable :)
ReplyDelete