Friday, October 7, 2011

October's Motorboats...and a PAR-TAY up in HUR

***UPDATE!*** 
Updated to add that this is our 600th post together at Sprinkles & Wrinkles!!! That's a lotta posts! A lot of rambling about Lucky Charms and pregnant cankles and crazy puggles and adorable babies and talking toddlers and the best Hubs ever. A lot of writing about the incredible faithfulness of my God and the amazing depth of Jesus' love for us. 

I feel like we should have a party...let's celebrate, shall we?

A big thank you and [hug] to those of you who've been with me for years...

A big welcome and high five to those of you who have just started reading...

A HUGE thanks-a-bunch-for-stickin'-around to everyone in between!

And a big double thumbs-up to those of you who "follow me" on the right sidebar- I love seeing your beautiful faces and know who's reading! Come on over and join the party if you haven't already! =)
If I could get all of y'all an Oreo Blizzard to say "thanks for reading" and to celebrate #600, I would.  Or better yet, I'd throw us all a party with apple cider and pumpkin spice donuts with cream cheese icing and some Frances England music. I really, really would.  But it ain't in the budget, so I'll send you all lots of bloggy love and thanks, and we'll stick with what we know: a true-to-form Sprinkles & Wrinkles post. 

Thanks for hanging out and reading- you guys are da bomb-diggity.
 *****
Happy Friday! I just stepped on a wayward binkie land-mine, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to cry a little.  YOWZERS.

Friday's to-do list is intense this morning.  There's lotsa cleaning and cooking and grocery-getting to be done.  I've got a couple friends coming over for some fall-crafting tonight and then we're hosting our small group meeting Sunday afternoon.  Something about having people over makes me so so happy and also compels me to scrub a few toilets because MANNERS.

Speaking of happy, last night my FIL came over and fixed our leaky fridge that had been oozing icky water for 7 years strong.  Now all I want do is fill my sparkly, non-leaky fridge with fall delights.  We've had two crisper drawers I haven't been able to use since we got married 4 years ago, and now I am dreaming of going to the store and filling the drawers with apples and lettuce.  Que angel chorus.

Wow.  Yes.  My fixed refrigerator makes me THAT happy.  A BIG thank-you to Newbie's grandpa!!!

Newbie got in on the fix-it fun last night when Grandpa came over.
 
I love raising a boy.  He is too. much. FUN!
*****
A few days ago Miss L and I took the boys out for a day at the gardens.

It was awesome.  I love Miss L and her little family.  It was a harvest garden party complete with scarecrows and a beaver den and, of course, some fountain play because what's a 80 degree October day if your jeans and t-shirts aren't soaking wet when you leave?

Check out that motorboat face.  That boat is cruisin', baby. I'm so happy Miss L talked me into letting my guy get all wet and soggy before we left the gardens.  Sometimes you gotta let 'em be boys...even if it means a wardrobe change in the back of the car before strapping him into his carseat.

I'm off to conquer the insanity that is my to-do list.  I know I promised a giveaway this week, but things have gotten busy busy busy (eep!). The giveaway is in the making and will debut some time next week-  Stay tuned!

Wishing you all a fabulous Friday, and watch out for wayward binkies- they're not a good time.

Happy weekending!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment