
We went to the store yesterday and picked up a package of socks "just like Daddy's" because Momma is Queen of Always Losing Socks.
And Opie is Pauper of Eating Socks.
What's a pauper?
The Hubs is the king. The King of Always Looking for Socks.
You know, "Always Looking" because he's married to the Queen of "Always Losing".
It's a terrible cycle.
So naturally, we needed more socks.
And now, we need dinner. Which is a problem because I know whats coming: 10 minutes of leaning on the refrigerator door while I stare inside and wonder what on earth we're going to eat because I didn't thaw anything. Then I'll spend another 10 minutes leaning against the counter devising a way to avoid cooking dinner. Then I'll go back to the fridge and nudge a few things around. Then I'll take a step back. Then I'll sigh, shut the door, and go look at the dinner menu I planned out three days ago. I'll chuckle thinking "Yeah, right. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes? Not in this lifetime," because its already dinner time and that would take fo-eva. Then I'll pull out a box of macaroni and cheese. Or leftover burritos. And I'll smile because VICTORY. I don't really have to cook.
All that dinner drama because its Tuesday, and I spent the afternoon thinking about how happy those two socks make me and picking out puzzles at the local kids' consignment shop instead of pulling out something to thaw for dinner.
Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, and sometimes ya gotta do socks and puzzles.
I hope you find something that makes you happy today...so happy that you forget to make dinner. =)

**Stay tuned for a fun Start 'em Off giveaway coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment