Last night, as I was getting Newbie ready for bed, I heard myself say, "OK guys! Booger party's over, dudes!"
That's not even the worst part. The worst part is that I've heard myself say the same thing three times a day since the middle of last week when his doctor told us we need to use some saline on his stuffy little nose before he lays down to go to bed or take a nap. Around here, everything's a party, so when we pull out the blue bulb from the hospital and the "Little Noses Saline", the BOOGER PARTY'S OVER, DUDE!
Who says motherhood isn't glamorous? =)
Would you like to know what is glamorous?
A hour and a half long nap AND a clean house, all of which have graced my reality today, and I am loving it. When Newbie takes an awesome afternoon nap on a night when the Hubs works late and I am flying solo for the dreaded six to seven o'clock hour, it's like he's giving me the greatest Christmas present ever. Moral of the story: rested baby= happy mama. And a clean house in the mix is just the cherry on top.
Unfortunately, the whole day can't be all fun and games. When the Hubs gets home tonight we will face a daunting task. Remember when we got red-lighted at the pet store for taking Opie there to get his 10 dollar manicure and pedicure? Yeah, that was like, 50 years ago, and that means the time has come again. Tonight we have to take on the puppy mani and pedi ALONE. When the groomer tells you, "You can't bring him back here. It took three people and our animal handler...we just don't have the resources," you know she is really saying "Your dog is a MANIAC, you idiot. Don't make us deal with it. Sleep in the bed you've made."
And so, we shall.
We have discussed several plans of attack, but the exact science of how we're going to clip 20 little black nails on a drama queen puppy hopped up on what must be a cocktail of 493 pounds of sugar and 89 cans of Red Bull has yet to be determined.
What I'm saying is, I may not get through the night. Quite frankly, I just don't see the Hubs and I coming out of this in one piece. It is going to be brutal.
This is the calm before the storm. For now I will sit in my clean house playing with my sweet little 9 month old son. Opie will frolic and play, completely unaware of our shared fate. After Newbie is tucked peacefully in to bed, and the Hubs returns home from work, the battle will rage.
First, we will stare Opie down and do the Haka.
Then we will get down to the business of a home-job canine manicure and pedicure because we've been stiff-armed by the local pet shop.
I wish there was a way around it, but Opie could open a can of tuna with his nails right now, so it's really in everyone's best interest to just head down and power through. Get 'er DONE, if you will.
If I'm not back tomorrow, you'll know what happened to me. I'm going to go practice the Haka before I make dinner. It's all about intimidating your opponent into complete fear and submission. We're gonna need that kind of enthusiasm, no doubt about it.
Wishing you all a fabulous evening and obedient pets who are welcomed into the grooming center with open arms.
Just wait til potty training! You'll never talk about pee & poop more in your life! Now, that's glamorous!!
ReplyDeletePlease please video tape the nail-clipping event and let me watch it. I know, I have a sick sense of humor. Congrats on your clean house! See how much you get done when you have baby-food making off your back :-)
ReplyDelete