Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So glad I married a set of muscles

Where does the time go?!?  How is it already 2:11 in the afternoon?!?

We were up at 6 this morning with a little man who has decided to wake up multiple times in the night for the past week.  We thought he was teething, but nothing's popped up yet, and he's still restless at night.  I've spent two nights on the floor in his room, certainly a Bandaid for the problem and not a fix, but I was just desperate to get more than 3 hours worth of sleep.  I called the doc thinking this feels vaguely familiar to the time Newbie had an ear infection, and we scheduled an appointment for 10 o'clock this morning.

Buckle up.  This is when it gets crazy.

When we got out to go, the car wouldn't start.  Awesome.  I love loading and unloading coat-laden babies into car seats. 

I also love shoving stalled SUV's down the driveway in the snow and ice. NOT.  Thank goodness the Hubs was there.  We shoved that sucker halfway down the driveway, and I really felt like I was something.  Then the Hubs stopped shoving, and the car completely stopped, and I realized I must be the brains of this operation because I definitely wasn't the brawn.  As soon as the Hubs quit, the car wouldn't budge. I laughed because I thought I had something to do with that big heavy car moving along so nicely.  Nope!  But thanks for playing.

We got he car jumped as I called and rescheduled the appointment for Newbie for this afternoon.  Then Daddy-O put away his muscles and went to work, and Newbie and I headed out to the indoor pool with our play group.  We had so much fun!  I can't say the mamas had a ball garbing up and un-garbing wiggly babies on slippery locker room floors, but the time in the pool was worth the trouble.  The kids had such a good time, and we stayed in well past pruny fingers and toes, only throwing in the towel when all five little kiddos' lips had turned purple.  It was a circus in the locker room as we changed and rounded everybody up, but we made it out in one piece!  You know its was a good time if everyone is still smiling 20 minutes into what should have been nap time!

The whole experience made me really excited for the parent/child swim class I just signed Newbie and me up for.  Although we'll be stuffing a baggie for wet suits into our pool bag, and probably bringing the Bumbo seat for locker room changes from now on.  I'm also questioning my sanity in signing up for a swim class at 9 in the morning, but I'm hoping a good cup of coffee will serve as my crutch.

Newbie crashed in the car on the way home from the pool, and wouldn't wake up enough for a post-swimming dunk in the tub when we got home, so that's first on our agenda when he wakes up, followed by a way-too-late lunch and then a quick trip to the doctor for a check-up.


Later this afternoon I have some high hopes of wrapping up a TON of laundry and trying to get on top of the house.  There are so many little things to do around here, and I'm hoping to start hacking through some more organizing projects as the week progresses.  Too many friends of mine are digging through closets and basements and dumping off loads at Goodwill- I have to get on the ball!  I figure the more cleaning I do now when I'm cooped up inside anyway, the more time I'll have in the spring for playing.....right?!?


Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday!

*Updated to add that Newbie checked out just about A-OK at the doctor this afternoon.  He's got a stuffy nose, so that might be what's waking him up at night, but for the most part, doctor's orders are to continue the cereal before bedtime and to do the tough love cry-it-out technique.  Mmm...probably not.  I'll take the cereal and forgo the crying.  Because I am a pansy.  And he has a runny nose.  I cry when I have runny noses too.  Sometimes.  We might let him cry for a little while, because sometimes I think he really just needs to shed a few tears to purge himself of the woes of the world, but I never last long before I go in for a good cuddle and some rocking.  Because he's not going to be a baby forever, that's why. The good news is, there's no ear infection or teeth...yet.  Hoping we can skip past both of those this week and get some good sleep all around!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! LOVE the picture of Woody in focus and Newbie crawling away!!!!! YAY for focal points!!! GOOD JOB! LOVE IT! AND Newbie looks SOOO cuddly in all of them!

    ReplyDelete