Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy 9 Months!

AHHHH!  How did my baby get to be 9 months so quickly?!?

I can't believe this baby boy has been out and about in this world for as long as he was bundled up in my belly. 

I can't believe he went from this


to this



so fast!

I had so much fun watching my big boy at swim class today- he had a ball!  Sure enough, he was quiet and content for a while and then he warmed up and got really vocal and wiggly.  His favorite part was when the instructor dumped about 30 rubber duckies into the pool and he got to chase after them.  I think we've got a little Nemo on our hands already!  My favorite part was NOT walking out of the gym looking like a drowned rat lugging an adorable but damp and water-logged little baby boy.  Yikes.  It's a labor of love to get in and out of swim suits when it is 19 degrees outside! But he loved it, so we're on for next week. =)

After lessons we scurried off the Newbie's 9 month check-up, where he got a great bill of health and his doc told me a lot of babies go through a wake-up in the middle of the night phase around 9 months.  Not my favorite part of this new 9 month milestone, but I was happy to know he's not the only kiddo ready to party at 2 o'clock in the morning! 

Moving right along to a list of Newbie's latest and greatest tricks...


Dear Newbie:

My goodness!  I can't believe you are already 9 months old!  You are such a roly poly little joy of a baby, and Daddy-O and I love you to pieces!  You have grown by leaps and bounds in the past four weeks.  You're doing all kinds of new things, and you just seem to be growing up so quickly!

*You pull yourself up onto everything...and you like to move along the couch and pivot from one thing to another- you will reach for the ottoman and move from the couch to the ottoman to the exersaucer- I think walking is right around the corner for you!

*You wave at everything and everyone.  Your favorite things to wave at: Mama, Daddy, Opie, and the pictures on our family prayer page. =)


*You are in size 12 month clothes for the most part, but we can still squeeze you into 9 months.

*You go in and out of sleeping through the night, but your naps are great most of the time!  You go to bed at 8, wake up between 6 and 7, nap around 9, and nap again around 1 or 2.  I am so happy your nap schedule has become more consistent...you are a happier baby with some rest throughout the day!


*You have a HUGE interest in drinking out of cups, so we've got you practicing with your own sippy cup full of water now.  Mama didn't think to give you a sippy cup until your curiously led to you to dump out three glasses of her water!  Now you have your very own and you LOVE it!

*You love to say "Mama"!  Most of the time it comes out "mamamamamamama," but Daddy and I have no doubt that you're talking to me. Which I love! =)  We're working on "dadada" too, but most of the time its "mamamama" or "wawawawawa" or "gagagagaga" or just a good 'ol fashioned screech.


*You still love to sing, and your favorite song is the Elmo song I changed for you.  You recognize it and love it!  You also LOVE books.  Books, books, books!  You can't get enough.  You like to crawl over to the book basket and pull all the books out.  You love to listen and look while I read, and you like to help turn the pages! Your favorite is still Bear Snores On, but you also like Go, Dog Go! and 10 Tiny Puppies. You are so content and still when we read you your favorites- you are a little book worm already!

*Bath time is a new favorite for you!  You like to eat the rubber ducky and splash and kick your legs.  It has been fun to see you develop an interest in playing in the water.  You like to play in the pool too, but you are usually content to just sit and watch everyone else swim for a good 20 minutes or so before you start to kick and wiggle around.  We'll see how much you enjoy the parent/child swim class we start this week!


*You have the BEST EVER belly laugh!  I love hearing you laugh and seeing your eyes light up before that big smile stretches across those chubby little cheeks.  Daddy is best at making you laugh like that- you think he is the funniest guy around! =)

*You still love puppies and frogs, but trains and kitty cats are your new things.  You saw your first train on Mama and Daddy's 3rd wedding anniversary at the gardens, and now you LOVE them.   You ADORE chasing G-Mama and Grandad's kitty and Aunt Corndog's kitty too.  The kitty cats don't enjoy playing as much as you do, but you still enjoy the chase! You pick out cats in books before any of the other animals....you're going to have to reallllly work on your daddy if you want a cat some day!  He is not their biggest fan! You also like race cars and the barn Mutte and Great Grandad got for you- I think you're almost always chewing on Old McDonald or a cow!


Have I mentioned you're really vocal?!?  As I type, you are hollering at me from your exersaucer, "MAMAMAMAMAMA!"  I love hearing your voice, even when its laced with impatience!  =)

Little guy, your daddy and I love you so SO much!  We are so excited about the little man you are growing up to be, and you just get more and more fun with each day!  Daddy-O and I are just thrilled to be your parents, and we are really looking forward to what God has in store for you, sweet boy!


We love you always!

Love love love,

Mama

",hfncgf jh fvc  ht c  r  jum ju d vgrtdv m ,m                 gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg"  Love, Newbie

PS-I think I forgot to tell you that one of your favorite things to do is get your fingers on computer keys...you love punching those buttons! Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment