Friday, August 19, 2011

Gonna Party Like Its My Birthday

...cuz it totally is.

Today I'm the big 2-6. 

Its a little surreal because we've stretched out the birthday celebration for the past week or so, trying to get to see everybody.  I've gotten some really sweet cards in the mail, and I'm just feeling loved this morning.

It feels good to feel loved. =)

This afternoon I have a Fancy Nancy tea party with my favorite two little girls and their fantastic momma, and I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't totally geeked about a little girl time on my b-day.  Can't wait.  I think I might even break out some heals and pink lipstick for the event.

Later this afternoon, the Hubs is treating me to the best b-day ever.  More on that Monday. I'll bring my camera, promise.

This morning I was praying and thanking God for letting me see my 26th birthday, and then I thanked Him for each of those 26 years because they have been wonderful.  26 joyful, challenging, goofy, bumpy, blessed, dorky, sparkly, mercy-drenched, Oreo Blizzard covered, beautifully wonderful years. Then I thanked Him for all the people He's brought into my life over the past 26 years because I know some amazing people.  You're one of them. =)

I'm a happy 26 year old today.  Thankful for grace and family and friends and a roof over my head and flaky biscuits for breakfast and a showing on our house Sunday and chocolate cake. Just to name a few.

I'm so blessed to spend this b-day with a few of my favorite things...

(I swiped this beautiful pic by Trudy at http://www.trudyholtzphotography.com  from my Facebook page because I love it so, so much and had to share it with you all.)

Wishing you all a blessed Friday and some happy weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment