Tuesday, August 23, 2011

That's why its called fishing and not catching.

I have a post in the works about my weekend, the only problem is that I'm lazy and the pictures span two different cameras and its Monday and that just isn't happening. Oh my goodness.  Its not Monday.  Its Tuesday, which should really only further explain why that just isn't happening.

Where is the coffee? 

Yes, I know its 1 o'clock in the afternoon, but I've recently become addicted to a series on Netflix and have not been getting to bed before midnight. So I'm only functioning on half of the sleep necessary to keep track of days of the week. ...Where is the coffee?

In the meantime, I'll give you a hint what we did for my birthday weekend:

 Two tin cups plus 80,000 gallons of water...any guesses?

In other news, we went fishing last night. It was after dinnertime, a real risky move.  But we are nothing if not ambitious, so we loaded up the car and hit the park to drop a line before bath and bedtime.  Newbie was content to sit in his wagon and slobber a bobber while his daddy fished and I snapped a few pictures. 


We had been out for about 20 minutes when I looked at the Hubs and said, "Babe, we're not really catching anything."

That's when I got schooled, and the Hubs replied, "That's why its called fishing and not catching."

 
  (If you're asking yourself if this is a choking or bio hazard, the answer is probably both.  But worry not, this lasted all of 5 seconds before I played the Mom Card and swiped it.)
 
 
 
 I wish it was called catching because it would have been nice to see a fish or two.  Maybe next time. =)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment